Disabling storing of VATSIM cleared routes for specific routes?

Heya,

we are regularly experiencing issues with the “VATSIM cleared” routes that the dispatcher seems to remember and suggest to following traffic. In some cases, specials (like touch and goes somewhere along the way) affect the cleared route, but mostly our ATCOs simply overlook the first subpar routing that was filed and issue clearance, leading to this new routing being remembered and filed over and over again.

Our prime example for this is EDDM-EDDF where there is pretty much one routing (GIVMI-ERNAS-DEBHI) but alternative routings keep coming up pretty much daily. We currently only have one guy manually removing them hence—

1. could the dispatcher be configured to be able to have certain routes (like EDDM-EDDF) not be remembered? We are working on better checks, but it would be better to not have specials be remembered as well where 99% other traffic should not have this routing.
  2. could I be added to the team able to edit routes? I’m Alex with the EDMM FIR on VATSIM.

Thanks! <3

Hi, this probably won’t be possible. I try to avoid this level of granularity in the route database update code, for the sake of my own sanity. :slight_smile:

When it comes to SimBrief’s route suggestions, my main concern is that I would like the first route suggestion to be good (IFPS compliant if possible), since that’s the route 99% of SimBrief users will use. IFPS compliant routes always outrank VATSIM ATC routes in the list, so as long as you maintain at least 1 IFPS compliant route for EDDM-EDDF, most users will not end up using any of the VATSIM routes anyways.

You and your team are free to remove them using the routes editor if you choose of course.

I will send you some details about the routes editor via PM.

Best regards,

Absolutely, and not overcomplicating things is indeed a compelling argument, but…

…experience sadly shows that people do end up taking what is the shortest route and it says VATSIM, so I guess they feel good about it despite it not being a IFPS-validated route. :frowning:

I have received the info about the editor, thanks. Otherwise, as stated we will be working on better checks on our end and if there should come a time where improvements at your end become feasible, we would of course appreciate them.

The majority of users will take the first route offered by Simbrief, thus so long as there’s an eurocontrol valid route for the pair it will take precedence over the VATSIM routes and that will filter out most clueless people.

Regards,

Tim

Majority, yes; the minority with invalid plans is however large enough to cause issues, hence my request.