CYYT Runway Incorrectly Labeled in Cycle 2310

Not sure if this is the right spot to point this out or not.

Runway 29/11 at CYYT has been Incorrectly labeled as 28/10 in the current AIRAC cycle 2310.

Thanks,
Jay

Hi Jay,
according the real-world charts from the AIP Canada, the runway idents are correct with 10/28 or 16/34.

Here, directly from the AIP Canada:

Thank you,
Richard

Thanks, Richard.

There must be a error in that data. The runway has only ever been know as 29/11.

I’m actually seeing conflicting evidence. Some charts say 29/11. Others 28/10.

No, your link shows outdated charts.

The posted chart is directly from the AIP Canada, so thats the real one and the only one. Runway ident 10/28 is the correct one.

Cheers
Richard

Thanks, Richard. This is certainly news to me that the runway has changed designation. It has been 29/11 for at least 50 years.

I’m just checking in with a couple of pilot friends of mind to see when and why this was done.

Regards,
Jay

Hi Jay,
I have looked deeper in the AIP Canada and according the AIP, the magnetic variation was changed in August 2023 and therefore they have adapt the runway ident. So it looks pretty new - 2 or 3 month …

Cheers
Richard

Thanks! Yes, just spoke to a pilot friend of mine. Magnetic variation has shifted it closer to 28/10. Everyone is still referring to it as 29/11 though.

Sorry for the trouble…

Jay

No probs Jay … glad when its confirmed now.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us again, whenever you have a question.

Have a nice day
Richard

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.