Cost Index always 5

Hello, ive noticed that anytime i use ANY narrow body A/C the Ci Auto always default to CI% which makes zero sense. how does these calculations work, because ive done probably near 300+ flights that ive been recognizing this and its always the same, no matter which route or narrow body plane. Widebody plane is always 200 too.

Hi,

Literally your second to last flight gave you CI 28 :slight_smile: :

But anyways, the way it works is it looks at the “Scheduled Block Time” option. If, given today’s winds and routing, you are forecast to arrive in less time than scheduled, it will use a lower cost index (down to around 5 for narrow bodies). If you are forecast to arrive late, it will use a higher cost index.

In your case, you are more likely to be “under sked” because you have modified your taxi-out time to 10 minutes (instead of the default 20 minutes). I will look into improving the default “Scheduled Block Time” value to take into account your custom taxi times, which should help slightly.

Best regards,

1 Like

here was my last flight… my 737 has a default of 40 but forced… the one youre looking at was a test flight that shouldve been a mach number not CI …this was the A321. however i cant look back because ive flown a lot of 777 flights in the last 3 months

sounds good. wish we could take fuel prices into consideration