Charts App New Flight Plan Suggestion

Ian,

You were so kind to pass on my suggestion re exporting a flight plan (Charts App Export Suggestion) which was recently implemented… so here’s another truly trivial suggestion which basically saves a mouse-action movement. When you create a new flight plan you first select a departure airport, typically from the list of recent flights. When you do this all that is required to install that airport is to hit the “Enter” key. You then need to enter a destination ICAO which appears in the selection window. To activate it however, hitting the “Enter” key doesn’t work. You have to physically mouse over, select and tap the “Add to Route” button. Now… in the grand scheme of things this is pretty low on the list of concerns. But I thought I would toss it into the Suggestion pot anyway as I am always looking for ways to streamline the process. Like I said… “trivial”.

Thanks Ian,

Steve Haines
steve@hainesdesign.com

Hi Steve,

If you know the ICAO codes, you can enter them directly into the text route string by clicking on pen to right of Enter text route:

e.g for KLAX-KSFO

Cheers
Ian

Ahh… that makes sense. I’ll give that a try. Thanks, Ian.

—Steve H

Ian,

Tried it. That is so cool! That short cuts about three steps in the process. Terrific. Thanks.

—SH

Hi Steve,

You are welcome. I use it all the time :grinning:

Cheers
Ian