Modify Set Origin and Destination

This is really trivial but I’ll toss it in the pot anyway…
In the Set Origin and Set Destination panels within Navigraph Charts, when you enter an airport ICAO the screen shifts to a display of that airport name and a button “+Add to route” which you have to push to select that airport. Meanwhile the cursor is blinking within the search bar. This operation requires you to manually move from the keyboard to the mouse and then click the button. It would be much easier to simply hit the “Enter” or “Return” key to make your selection. I’m not suggesting removing the button, just adding the option to activate the selection by hitting the “Enter” key. Like I said… trivial. But these things add up. Thanks for considering.

Steve Haines
steve@hainesdesign.com

Hello! Thanks for posting this for others (and yourself!) to vote on.

In the meantime, please note that you can press the Tab ↹ key a couple of times to get to the “Add to route” button and then press the enter key without lifting your fingers from the keyboard. In fact - you don’t need to use the mouse at all when setting up a flight!

chrome_0LXbnS8oiy

Hope this helps a little bit! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
Malte

Yikes. I didn’t know that. But I’ll sure give it a try. Thanks Malte. —SH

Hello again!

Would you consider the tab key to be a solution to the problem? From our perspective, it would be a bit confusing to allow pressing the enter key to confirm your selection, since there is no “Submit” button associated with the search field.

Perhaps you feel differently about this, even with the tab-key workaround?

Kind Regards,
Malte

Regarding this:

You can also follow these steps to dramatically reduce the amount of tab presses:

1. Type X-Plane (or just the first three letters really) into the search field on the top of the exports list
  2. Press the Tab Tab ↹ key twice
  3. Press Enter

This should start exporting the X-Plane 11/12 format for you!

Kind Regards,
Malte