Changing the SimBrief Weather Source

Hello,
i want to ask, if it is possible to change the Weather Source for Flight Planning to 3rd Party Software like Rex WeatherForce for MSFS2020 or Active Sky for XP11 or P3D, depending on the Sim, that will be used for the Flight?

I would highly appreciate such a Function in the Future. Thanks a lot in Advance.

Greets
Joachim

Hi,

Yes, but this is only possible for Active Sky 16 and newer (i.e. AS16 for FSX, Active Sky XP, or Active Sky P3D).

You need to install the SimBrief Downloader program and make sure it is running on your PC, and have Active Sky running as well. Then, from SimBrief’s Dispatch Options page, scroll down to the Historical Weather section and choose “Upload a new weather snapshot”.

This is mostly meant to enable historical weather data, but it also works for today’s date as well. It’s just that there’s normally little point if you’re flying in real time since SimBrief’s default weather should already match Active Sky in this case.

Best regards,

Thanks for the Explanation.
Is there anything planned, to support Rex WeatherForce for MSFS in the Future?

Best Regards.

wwhat about weather force from rex weather

As far as I know, Rex WeatherForce does not provide the required API access, so this feature is still only possible with Active Sky.

Best regards,

ok thank you for replying