B787 RR profile not available

I planned flight with Horizon B787 (MSFS) profile. In MSFS I selected the RR variant and Europa livery. When flight loaded into sim, I received message that Simbrief not compatible with MSFS model. I tried to create a profile in Simbrief using the Trent 1000 engines and recreated the flight in simbrief. I still receive the same message so unable to load aircraft with Simbrief data. Is there a way to get MSFS and Simbrief coordinated for using the different variant?

Hi, I do not believe the engine type should cause such an error in any case.

Make sure you have selected the right 787 model (B789) and the proper variant in SimBrief. There should be airframes for both Horizon engine types available in the list:

If you are selecting the correct one, and it still is not working, I recommend reaching out to Horizon for support. Maybe it’s a bug in their aircraft.

Best regards,

Thanks for the response, however when I have tried to implement as you have outlined it still won’t recognize the aircraft type within MSFS. What am I doing wrong?

Craig

Hi, this is a GSX error message. It indicates that Horizon has maybe set the wrong ICAO code for their aircraft (789 vs the correct B789). Possibly it’s just this livery that has the wrong code.

Please ask this to Horizon support, I don’t think there is anything we can do from our end to fix it.

Best regards,

Thank you for your reply. I tested with other liveries. All GE work fine, but any livery that MSFS lists as RR engines produces this error. I will check with Horizon support.

Craig

1 Like