Application was unable to start correctly

I have recently reinstalled Navigraph Charts to run with P3DV5 after very successfully using it in FSX. AS far as I am aware all the file paths are correct and it has uploaded AIRAC2014 to my CS757 without an issue in FMS Data Manager. However when trying to open Navigraph charts I’m getting an error message. Navigraph Charts.exe|403x156 . The Application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.
Any advice gratefully accepted.
Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian,

Welcome and Happy New Year.

Please see FAQ - FMS Error "api-ms-win-ctr-runtime-l1-1-0.dll" or "(0xc000007b)"

Cheers
Ian

Thank you for the prompt reply and advice. I have followed the instructions but had no joy I still get the same 0xc0000007b error. I have tried installing and uninstalling the pair of Visual C++ Redistributables both together and individually but without success.

Where do I go from here?

Many thanks
Ian C

I’m continuing to try to solve this problem and tried some ideas. First, as I had Navigraph installed on my other computer I wondered that by being logged in there it could be that my new install didn’t function as I would have been logged in in separate IP addresses at the same time, so I logged out of those applications. Second, I uninstalled NG, NGFMS data manager and NG Simlink plus the two Visual C++ programmes. Then I have reinstalled each program seperately; VC++x64, VC++x86, NG Simlink, NGFMS DM and NG charts in that order and restarted my PC in-between each reinstall. I still have the 0xc000007b error. The only event that stood out was that the reinstall of NG charts installed the VC++'s a second time. Is that a cause of the error?

Hi Ian,

Happy New Year.

As you will see by Googling 0xc000007b error, this is a Windows error on your system, and can affect many applications, not just Navigraph apps.

I did see https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings-winpc/windows-error-0xc000007b/3933c823-7a63-4356-8ef5-69fcc0ed18f3

Beware of solutions trying to download “Repair” software, some have viruses, or want you to buy dubious software.

Cheers
Ian

A post was merged into an existing topic: Navigraph Charts not working in Windows 10