Alternates Required:

Hello,
did i miss something or is there no setup option for the number of Alternates Required?
If there is no, can we have this Option?

Also i want always by default a TKO Alternate and ENR Alternate.

Matthias

Servus @mroschk,

there is a setup option for the amount of Alternater Aerodromes (ALTN). In the section Alternate Airports right above the map, where you can select the amount of Alternate Aerodromes (standard 1x) and in any case you’ll need it the Take-Off Alternate (TALT) and En-Route Alternate (ERA).

Just some infos:

a. There is no En-Route (ERA) Alternate Aerodrome by default. It’s only necessary while reducing the Contingency Fuel (CONT) to 3% of the Trip Fuel (TF), where it is needed.
For shorter flights, requiring MINCONT (5min) or 5% TF, it’s not needed. There are also routings, where no ERA is available - for example south-east routings from Europe to the Caribbeans.

b. A Take-Off (TALT) Alternate is really really barely used in real-life. Only for performance reasons in case a return is not possible or weather does not permit the return, usually if the weather is below CAT I minima.

BR Alex

Hello,

I know about that.
But as you say, standard is 1, and that is what i mean.
I request a setup option for the standard number of Alternates, for my Company 4.

Matthias

Hey @mroschk,

you asked:

did i miss something or is there no setup option for the number of Alternates Required?

They are available as described from zero, one and two. However, calculating with zero does not increase the FINRES to 45min.

I request a setup option for the standard number of Alternates, for my Company 4.

Not sure whether your company calculates indeed all four, thus, one zero/one/two are required and are taken into account into the fuel calculation.

TUI for example had 4 alternates per citypair and did also select only the suitables (1 or 2, depending on on weather).

BR Alex

Hello,

sorry you still dont understand.

When i start with a new Flight, i press NewFlight:
image.png

Then is ALWAYS only ONE Alternate preselected ( as per DEFAULT )

What i am requesting is a SETUP OPTION under MY FLEET where i can set up the amount of Alternates which are
preselected when i press NEW FLIGHT.

So, lets say i set up 3 Alternates as example and then i press NEW FLIGHT.
Then should be 3 automatically selected under Alternate Airports ( red marked in the pic above )

As of now i have to change these number EVERY TIME i start a NEW FLIGHT.

Hope you better understand now

Matthias

Hello Matthias,

Yes I understand what you are asking. I will add it to the backlog for a future update.

Best regards,

Hello,

are there any news about the Alternates ?

Matthias

image.png

any news here ? for 20 chars

Hi,

This option will be available in the new SimBrief redesign, loosely planned for release later this year.

Best regards,

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.