Aircraft Location on Chart Lags Actual in MSFS

When flying the FlybyWire A32NX, the aircraft location on the Navigraph moving map does not match the FMS data shown on the MFD. When passing over a waypoint in the sim, Navigraph shows the aircraft still closer to the previous waypoint. Not sure what is causing it considering Navigraph is getting the location through simlink (?) directly from desktop and not going around through the internet as the lag seen on VATSIM.

Regards,
Kamel

Kamel,

Which chart? Is it possibly a chart with an not-to-scale inset? Could you show a screenshot?

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

I am at work now. But I was approaching KLAS on the RKSTR1 STAR passing HUXSLY while Navigraph was showing the aircraft closer to RKSTR. I noticed such a deviation on ROBUC3 STAR approaching KBOS. I cannot say this happens all the time. I know for a fact when taxiing that Navigraph is pretty accurate of my location. Next time I will take screenshots of Navigraph moving map and the aircraft navigation map.

Thanks for your quick response. I was thinking that I may have to reinstall something like simlink.

Kamel

Kamel,

Both STARs you mention have such not-to-scale (distorted) insets. They have a dashed border, no terrain info, and the text label NOT TO SCALE inside. Only in the to-scale part of the chart can you expect moving maps to function correctly.

Stephen

Got it! I did not think of this. But in the case I had, the aircraft was passing “HUXLY” on the RKSTR1, which is a solid line.

Update from last night. I tried to recreate the same condition, but all seem to work just fine. I will keep a close eye on it and report any changes.
Thanks for your support,
Kamel

Glad to hear.

Regards,

Stephen