Access code

Hi, I have several devices, some in the office and some at home, I travel a lot, so I take laptop and joystick with me.

Lately, when I make a flight plan with simbrief I am asked for the verification code quite often, before only when the device has not been used for a long time. It also happens to me if for example I have entered the code in simbrief/navigraph, and on the same device I want to enter the forum and I haven’t logged in for a long time.

What criteria do you use to require the verification code, and has anything changed recently to make it ask for it so often? Thank you.

Hi! Welcome back to our forum!

The reason that you are getting this prompt more often is that your account is showing unusual behavior patterns. I will not go into all the metrics we have available to us, but I can tell you that based on our logs you are not just a frequent traveller - you have the ability to travel really fast!

We have automated systems in place that act on certain abnormal activity. In this case, it is trying to verify that you are using your personal account by yourself and not letting other individuals use it within, say, a virtual airline group or something.

If you believe that our automated systems are taking incorrect actions, you are free to contact our account support at account@navigraph.com ! Explain your situation and they’ll help you sort it out! You’ll likely have to provide some proof though, so keep that in mind!

Kind Regards,
Malte