5+ years with Navigraph and still utterly confused

I’m not really sure while why I’m still subscribing to Navigraph because in the five or six years I’ve been doing so I still for the life of me cannot get rid of that dotted line in any approach.

I’ve watched countless videos supposedly explaining on doing approaches and yet when it comes to this stuff all they say is “get it from the charts” completely forgetting that some airports can 100 different charts.

I don’t understand if Simbrief has already given me my exact approach and inserted it into my planes flight computer why does Navigraph then force me to choose from the 10 bits of coloured curly spaghetti in order ro reflect the same route on its map??

I also just realised as I never ever actually fly online I didn’t really need the Navagraph Subscription at all because I’ve never been able to use Navigraph at all.
And as I never fly online I don’t even know why I needed the latest Airac either.

Over 5 years looks like I’ve wasted good money on a subsription that’s been basically useless to me.

Somehow I’ve managed to avoid using charts entirely because of being embarrassingly clueless on how to do so and you are made feel like an idiot for asking.

But… now I’m stuck… as my favourite and in fact the only Airbus I fly is to the FBW A320NX, (bought the Fenix and got rid of it a week later) for approaches it demands that I insert ‘baro’ data and I have no absolutely no idea where or how to find it.

I don’t know why Navigraph isn’t simpler, as soon as you import your flight plan from Simbrief, Navigraph should display and reflect that exact same route on its screen with the colored spaghetti… and it should also display the relevant chart for the approach that if you’ve already been given rather than forcing you to wade all those charts and confusing coloured pasta options…

Hi…,

We appreciate your frustration. However we need information to assist you.

Please provide specific details of the issue with screenshot(s) using Guide to posting Screenshots so we can replicate.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian…you tried to help me with this before a few years ago… we didnt get very far then either. In fact you made me more confused than ever.

Maybe just pointing me in the direction of a video that assumes nothing would a better option.

Even following the official Navagraph instruction video and suggested routing:

I still end up with broken approach…

This is one big problem with Simbrief and Navigraph integration, they’re not properly integrated at all.
This issue is clearly pointed out by Jonathan Beckett in this video where he demonstrates when you import a flight plan from Simbrief the most important aspects of the whole flightplan being the departure and approach are completely stripped from the flight plan. Leaving you to fumble about with charts searching for the right data to put it all back together again…

Navigraph Integration

Just created another test flight from EGKK to LFPG using Littke Nav Map… complete with an approach.This approach is also a perfectly imported into my planes MCDU…

I then imported this plan back into Simbrief and Navigraph… and what does it do? What it always does… low and behold it’s strips my chosen approach completely from my plan and then proceeds to tell me there are 32 approaches available. I mean if that’s not stoopid I don’t know what is.

Seems like the purpose of Navigrapgh is not to make flight plan creation as easy and intuitive as possible but the very opposite, and even when you do get it right it goes out of its way to break everything.

So I looked into your problem and as far as I can see you don’t have your Approach Transition selected. You can actually see that approach LNM it would be the MOPAR8P transition highlighted in red:

And yes it’s very annoying because you don’t get this transition from your Simbrief flightplan because normally you get it from ATC or from the STAR Chart. A example for where you can see it on the chart would be the LANDU2B in Munich(EDDM). Here you get the information that you should refer to chart 10-2E.

And when you look at this you‘ll find your transition(LAN26) leading you to either Runway 26L or 26R.

I would recommend you, when you are not flying online to just look into the charts that are important for your flight or just look at Navigraph wich Transition looks good for your flight and then just use that. You can also give yourself vector’s to the ILS or just use a direct.

I hope that I have explained this correctly and understandable😅

Here you haven’t selected one:

And here is how it looked form me:

Yes I didn’t select the approach because I already had one programmed into the planes flight computer…

What I was trying to show how Navagraph just deleted it and then presented me with the ton of options I didn’t want.

You know, it’s like going outside in winter with your favorite jacket on, and just as you get to the your garden gate somebody steals your jacket and then tries to sell you from a list of 32 others… when I was already pretty comfortable in the one I had.

To me the only useful thing here is Simbrief, not Navigrapgh.

Simbrief can exist fine without Navigraph, but Navigraph needed to buy Simbrief in order to continue to validate its existence and justify getting paid. It’s just one huge colourful annoyance.

from the LNM manual

May I suggest you change your workflow to planning the flight directly in Simbrief, which will give you a selection of common flight plans, plus your fuel and payload etc. Now generate the flight and either select the approach in the cockpit (basic solution), or use the full power of Navigraph and import directly the generated flight plan from Simbrief. Now you can select the approach in Navigraph, examine the charts, make modifications, use the weather features to influence your flight route etc. Once finished, copy the flight string from the top of the screen and paste it into the Simbrief route, and re-generate the flight. Now the route will be available to the aircraft complete and correct.
(Unfortunately Navigraph cannot export to Simbrief at this time).
You say you have had Navigraph for several years and yet have not educated yourself on both the export function of LNW, nor the capabilities of Navigraph. Perhaps a little less hating on Navigraph and a little more educating one’s self.
Happy flight planning. :slight_smile:

2 Likes