+ & - Zoom Button on Enroute for V8?

Hello, I know in version 7 the map always had a corner area where you could tap a plus or minus to zoom in and out. Can you please make sure that’s available in version 8? I don’t see it there. While most tablets allow people to use finger gestures to zoom in and out, people with disabilities or arthritic hands might have a more difficult task in doing so. Being able to tap a plus or minus is a much better way to go in these cases.

Hi, I wanted to revisit this request to see if you could bring back to the zoom in & out buttons to the iOS on tablet devices like the iPad. I understand most people with normal hand dexterity or without arthritis might simply drag the map around, double tap to zoom in, and spread their fingers to zoom the map out. But those with disabilities often have great difficulty doing these gestures, and when you have to zoom in and out in a busy work load moment, it can really mess things up. See the attached image for the controls I’m referring to that are currently on the desktop app, but missing from the tablet based versions:
Screenshot 2023-09-29 at 3.38.49 PM

Hi! Thanks for bringing this post back, it went unnoticed initially. Apologies for that!

We’ll definitely consider adding this in a future update. Very sorry about the inconvenience that this must be causing you currently!

In the meantime, you could use charts.navigraph.com on your phone to get those zoom controls!

Kind Regards,
Malte

1 Like

HI, has the zoom control key feature been brought into iOS yet? There has been a Navigraph update since the post above, but I can’t find the zoom controls up.

Hello again!

My previous reply only promised to consider it for a future update, nothing was said about it being the next update. We do have a lot of other things going on at the moment, but this has been duly noted as something that could be of interest!

Thank you for bumping the thread! It should probably be moved to the Wishlist so that users like yourself can help prioritize it over other features, but I have a feeling that it would not gain the attention that it deserves, since it was available in the previous version.

I’ll bump it internally to see if something can be done in the near term!

Kind Regards
Malte

A few more thoughts:

Our app should have the same features that the Google Maps or even Apple Maps apps have. This means that you should be able to manipulate the zoom without any pinching movements by doing this:

1. Double tap a spot on the map, and then:
    • Drag down to zoom in.
    • Drag up to zoom out.

The reason why there currently are no zoom buttons in the native apps is to save on otherwise limited screen space.

Please let me know if you find that the procedure mentioned above is not convenient for you!

Kind Regards,
Malte

Hi, thank you for writing back and letting me know the status.

Regarding the amount of real estate available versus on-screen functions, perhaps the ability to turn zoom. buttons on and off much like you have the ability to show / hide the Route, Weather, Telemetry, and Pinboard can be strongly considered.

I tried your suggestion, which I guess would be described as double tap while holding the second tap, then dragging down & up to zoom in and out, respectively. This actually does work in my case, but I will say in my years of dealing with disability as well as advocating for others that what would work for me might not work for other people with their unique disabilities.

I do appreciate not having this moved to a wish list basis depending on popularity, since the numbers of people with disabilities that would see this is a benefit for themselves are typically lower than the average user not having any issues with being able to pinch or spread their fingers.

Thank you again for your responsiveness and consideration.