Two more questions about the UAL 18 OFP format

My last topic closed so I can’t add there, so apologies for the clutter. I’ve had two more questions come up about the UAL 18 OFP.

In the TOW PARAMETERS and LW PARAMETERS section, can you please confirm what the following means?
R13R - I assume this means Runway 13R
T31 - I assume this means the temperature is 31C
A2996 - Seems obvious, altimeter 29.96 in-hg
W150/09 - Seems obvious, winds 9 knots at 150 degrees
HW08 - I assume this means 8 knot headwind component
XW03 - I assume this means 3 knot crosswind component
1+F or F4 - Seems obvious, flaps 1 + F or Flaps 4/full
DRY - I assume this means runway dry, what other variables would be here? just WET? ICE?
AI/ANTI-ICE OFF or AI/E - the first seems obvious, no anti-ice, I assume the second one is engine anti ice on
AC/PACKS ON or AC/ON – seems obvious, any reason the format is different on takeoff vs landing for the same condition of packs on?
ENRT ICE ACCR – I assume this means icing conditions are present in landing area? Any other nuance here or other possible values?
L9301 and L11483 – no idea, help?

What does N0452F370 mean? I assume FL 370 for cruise, so mainly the N0452?
Also, the 0333 and 02178 next to KDFW and MMUN respectively, I would assume local time of departure/arrival but that wouldn’t seem to make sense here?

Thanks!

Hi, most of that is correct.

The takeoff/landing performance SimBrief gives is very basic, for example it will always show “DRY”. The real OFPs might show WET or different contaminants (ex. SLUSH), depending on actual conditions.

Not sure. I assume UAL has their reasons, could simply be that this is how they or the manufacturer named it in the takeoff vs landing charts.

I assume the other possible value would be no enroute ice accretion. My feeling is that they most often account for ice accretion since it’s more conservative and the performance penalty is almost always minor and/or not an issue.

Runway length, in feet.

N0452 is the true airspeed, in knots. The one at the beginning of the route will be the true airspeed at top of climb. Other areas of the world might define the speed in kilometres per hour (ex. K0800) or mach (ex. M078), but KTAS is most common.

0333 is the departure time (0333 UTC), 0217 is the air time to the destination (2 hours 17 minutes).

The ICAO FPL string is a textual format for a standard ICAO flight plan, for example:

You can read up on what each section means and how it is used here: Flight Plan Completion | SKYbrary Aviation Safety

Best regards,

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.