Simbrief calculating alternate fuel with INCORRECT PRIORITY

Hi @SimBrief hope you have been well.

I just noticed something that Simbrief is doing that it should not be doing. It appears that Simbrief is currently adding alternate fuel to the Dispatch Release (OFP) for the FIRST alternate selected by the user and NOT for the FURTHEST alternate (from the destination) selected by the user.

This is incorrect and needs to be corrected. IRL, with our dispatch planning software, it does not care which one is picked first… it will always add the alternate fuel to the dispatch release (OFP) (for calculating minimum takeoff fuel) for the FURTHEST alternate (from the destination) selected by the dispatcher.

Based off these pics, the ALTERNATE fuel on the release should be for KBNA and not for KATL.

In the above example, Simbrief is adding ALTERNATE fuel as KATL (167NM) and not KBNA (294NM). Per 14 CFR Part 121.639, this causes us to be planning illegally.

Is there any chance you can make it so Simbrief will calculate ALTERNATE fuel as whichever alternate is the FURTHEST distance from the destination?

Thank you for all that you do!

8 Likes

Known issue. Simbrief does not know which alternate requires the most fuel until generating the OFP. Which is why, when auto-selecting alternates, it tries to place the furthest alternate at the top of the list as a workaround.

It does mention that the other alternates are INFO/ only in the OFP though.

Would be nice if it could be fixed eventually.

Regards,

Tim

Great point made by @pucksnplanes20 here. Hopefully, this can be corrected in a future update because it matters irl.

1 Like

Would be great if this could get corrected, so that we could more accurately simulate FAA operations!

1 Like

This would be awesome. Please consider it! Thanks!

1 Like

@Rodeo314 With the implementation of the “Briefing Preview” feature, they should 100% be able to fix this.

This would be very welcomed, as it is not currently reflecting real world operations. Please consider changing this feature in an upcoming update.

1 Like

@SimBrief Hey Derek hope your Sunday is going well, sir. Just curious if we could get your thoughts on this post and see if there is any chance if we can get this problem rectified.

Thank you very much for all you do for this great community!

This would be amazing if it gets fixed

1 Like

if we could get this fixed as a real world dispatcher this would be amazing

1 Like

@SimBrief hi Derek. I know you are very busy sir. I was curious if you were able to take a look at this and see what your thoughts are on getting it fixed? Thank you sir!

Haven’t had time to look into this. I don’t know when I will yet, sorry.

For now just make sure the farthest alternate is in the first slot.

Regards,

1 Like