RNV05 approach for LMML incomplete

I have found that my ToLiss aircraft are able to fully read the approach info for ILS13, ILS31 and RNV13, RNV31, RNV23 at LMML (Malta). However I only get a partial readout (no runway length or runway heading) for the RNV05 (RNAV for runway 05) approach. Once I tried landing using this approach and the aircraft just went off course descending into a village. I had to go around and use a different runway. Is there chance of an error in the how this approach is coded in the nav data files?

Hi,
the reason could be, that the ToLiss aircaft can´t handle RNP approaches because there are no RNAV05 approach existing, but a RNP05 approach. Thats two different approaches with complete other requirements.

Cheers,
Richard

ToLiss uses the RNV moniker for RNP approaches as well. As I have written above, all other approaches work some of which are also RNP.

Sorry, but I possible don´t understand you correctly:

An ILS or RNAV approach isn´t a RNP approach. You wrote:

…all these approaches are no RNP, it´s an ILS or an RNAV … the RNP 05 needs an EGNOS channel instead for an ILS frequency. Can you enter such channels in the ToLiss (in this case 42196 - and the identifier is E05A).

Cheers,
Richard

PS: and again sorry, but when ToLiss means RNP is RNV (moniker or not), then something went wrong at ToLiss - as you simple see on the frequency ranges, both are completely different

When I mentioned both RNP and ILS approaches I was doing so to list which approaches seem to be coded correctly. I only have issues with RNP for runway 05. Can you please check ONLY about the latter?

I will try and append an MCDU screenshot to show how these are being decoded.

The aircraft decodes all details for RNP on runway 13 (including LPV capability) but not for runway 05.
The aircraft sees the transitions and the waypoints for RNP for runway 05 but does not detect that LPV is available (as shown on the Jeppesen chart) and only offers FLS and FINAL APP.

I tried to fly the approach, FLS mode did not enage at all. Using FINAL APP I managed to get VNAV engaging but no LNAV at all. The aircraft vered off course laterally and I had to execute a go around so that I could land using an ILS approach on the main runway instead.

ToLiss have said that they may have an issue when reading the scenery if the runway is defined with a single digit instead of two. They have dimsissed any doubt in the navdata.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the update and sharing your outcome in this case … much appreciated!

Cheers,
Richard

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.