Request: MEL fuel PCT option just like IRL

@simbrief Good day sir I hope everything is well.

I have 2 quick requests that would make SimBrief more accurate to real world dispatch software.

1. Alot of performance related MELs are based off of PERCENTAGE of calculated enroute burn planned. Would it be possible to add a percentage option to MEL fuel? Here is an example of MEL fuel requirement being percentage.

2. Currently, the system only tells the user if the payload has been limited. It would be very helpful and realistic to have the system say exactly HOW MUCH payload (US Pounds or Kilos) has been reduced by so the user has an idea of how weight restricted the flight is and therefore they can more easily troubleshoot the problem manually to try to get all payload safely onto the airplane? This would be a nice touch because this is one of the biggest problems dispatchers face everyday on the job.

Thank you and have a fantastic day!

12 Likes

Fantastic, please integrate.

2 Likes

Awesomeness! please do intergrate!

2 Likes

I’d also like to see this added!

2 Likes

I would love to see this added! Fantastic idea.

1 Like

That particular MEL reads like one I have at work for one of our aircraft types. It is not an add a 3% overburn (although we do have a lot of those types of MELs across our fleet). It is add an additional increment of fuel of 3% of the main tank 2’s volume - which for this aircraft type when the Main 2 is full we calculated its 2610 lbs of MEL fuel when that tank’s Quantity Compensator is on MEL. That way the DX doesn’t have to dive into the weight/balance manual to see how much fuel the fuel system controller will actually put into that tank as a function of the total fuel load. I know at 2610 lbs, I am covered.

I love this! Please consider integrating!

1 Like

Percentage penalties would be great, here’s a very common one we have on the A300.

2 Likes

And just like 2.7% for your, and our MD11s when Tail Fuel Management is poof :slight_smile:

Even as dirty as these A300s and MD11s are, I’m gonna miss’em.

That is one GRAND idea!

Dennis

1 Like

I wont miss the MD, 200+ pages in the MEL Fuel System alone??? Expensive as ^*^$ to operate - no, won’t miss them at all :slight_smile: