Question about RNP coding in the navdata

I’ve been looking at some approach data, specifically as it relates to RNP approaches. We can use KABQ RNAV (RNP) Z Rwy 26 as an example. I’ve attached a screenshot of the coding for this procedure below.

I am specifically interested in the RF portion between CHNGA and LEETR. I know what the values in some of the columns represent (1.49 is the arc radius, -3 is the glide path, 3.1 is the arc length, etc.)

What I’d like to know is what the 263 course represents here, since this is a RF leg.

Hi,
may I ask, which dataset (from which addon) this is that I can check it please? Also is this the current cycle (I mean 2403 or 2404)?

Normally, this course isn´t needed - we have some addon formats (therefore the question about which addon), which needs this information. According the ARINC424 specification it should be the magnetic-course of the next leg - so in this case 259 - the 263 is possible a “rounding” issue due the magnetic variation which we use for the specific sim, when we calculate this outbound tangential track by ourself.

Thank you,
Richard

I saw it in a few datasets, but one of them is the dataset for SSG (which uses the ARINC424 format.)

And yeah, that makes sense. Looking at the FAA CIFP dataset, I do see that it has 259 as the course (which is magnetic course for the next leg.) The CIFP dataset also has a “theta” value which is the heading (it’s 194 at LEETR.) I was confused by this as well, but I guess this isn’t needed in the sim, since I do not see it in the navdata in the sim.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.