Pathway for install on Steam MSFS2020

Your screenshot shows both Microsoft Store and Steam versions installed. Have you had a version from Microsoft Store installed before your current Steam install?

Could you post screenshots of the contents inside the two paths mentioned here? FAQ - Location/Path of content.xml package file

Thanks!

Stephen

Yes, at one time I had the Microsoft store version, however, my purchase of Navigraph was made long after I stopped using that version. Do you think Navigraph is pointing to that version? That makes sense to me.

Here are some pathways I found to the Content.xml;
D:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-1622900022-245762873-1158802304-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

Also;
D:\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\PublishedPackages

So this is the issue, we don’t support multiple sim installs (currently) and it is likely updating to Store one.

Is the MS Store one still installed? Could you uninstall it if you are not using it?

Stephen

Lol, so I uninstalled the store version (and Navigraph again), rebooted my PC, Re-installed Navigraph and…nothing.

Then I went into my D drive and found a folder named New FS2020 (which I’m pretty sure I deleted before the reboot). Looking inside it, I found a Community folder and inside that, I found ‘navigraph-navdata’. So I cut and pasted that folder into my Steam Community folder and viola! the data is in the sim now. At least most of it appears to be.

I did a search for ZBAD and it’s there, plus most of the fixes in the North Atlantic. I checked for the VOR approaches at KAVX and they are both there. Then I tried a flight to PAKW (which didn’t previously have any approaches ) and there are several now.

So the only anomaly is that I don’t see any title in my Content Manager.

Hi Brian,

I believe that perhaps the uninstall of the other simulator was not entirely successful, which also your “New FS2020” directory is an indication of. I would suggest that you try again to uninstall it. Is there not an entry in Settings->Apps ? You can also verify that the folder %localAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\ is not existing.

To have the navdata updated safely with every AIRAC update you need to use the installer
as manual workarounds are not guaranteed to work properly.

Kind regards,

Markus

Hi Markus,

Thanks for that information. I tried to delete that file and the system wouldn’t let me, even when I went directly to the Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe folder. What’s the best way to gain permission to delete it?

How do you mean the system does not let you? Do you try to uninstall it normally using Settings->Apps&Features? What kind of error message do you get?

I would recommend doing this the “normal” way without deleting folders manually as the uninstallation process also deletes keys in the registry that is complicated to do by hand.

However, it sounds very odd that the folder is write-protected as AppData and all underlying folders should not have write-protection to work properly. To change permissions just right-click the folder, select “Properties”, go to the security tab and change the settings using “Edit” button so that it looks like this (for both your user and system). Verify that the AppData folder also have these permissions set correctly.

So I checked under the ‘Add/Remove Programs’ feature to be sure the store version of the sim isn’t here and I couldn’t find any indication that it is. Oddly enough, there are two entries for the Steam version, although they have different icons, but to sure, I clicked on them and at the bottom of the screen, it does say Steam.

Next, I went to the Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe folder, right clicked it, and looked at the Properties>Security tab. Both System and my name have all options checked for ‘allow’ except special permissions (which is greyed out and won’t allow me to check it).
Nevertheless, when I try to delete the folder, it says;
‘You’ll need to provide administrator permission to delete this folder’

When I click on the Advanced tab, it shows myself, System and Administrators, double listed with ‘Allow’ and ‘Full control’ for all six entries: