Navigraph and FSHUD

I have problems with FSHUD and FSHUD support claims it is a Navigraph problem. Is that right

I have the following problem. For me, the ATC at the departure airport with clearance, taxi, start, etc. is completely ok. Then the ATC accompanies me for a while and immediately hands me over to the arrival airport ATC. This, in turn, also works great. With altitude change, approach and all airport arrangements. What I miss is that I am not handed over to different ATCs during the flight. Example flight Berlin - Munich. For me, the ATCs Berlin and Munich work great as described above. In a YT video, in which FSHUD introduces and exactly the same flight is carried out, the ATCs of Bremen, Langen and Frankfurt also report in between. That’s normal. Because you are passed from ATC to ATC. On a long-haul flight from, for example, Bremen to Mallorca, the ATCs of the overflown countries each report with an ATC. E.g. Zurich, Marseille, Barcelona and then Palma. FSHUD’s support tells me something about problems with Navigraph. But the Youtuber certainly doesn’t use any other Navigraph than me. So does anyone here have any advice? Greetings Ralf

P.S. Sorry for my English, but I’m German and I’m using Google translate

Original from FSHUD Support:

So basically all your mention is about handling by wrong ATC Station?

Ok, there are several things:

Just to make you understand - we don’t have exact information real world information of controlling ATC station boundaries.

This information is calculated from several things - like class boundaries, FIR/UIR and airports that intersected in those boundaries.

The calculation of those boundaries would be significaly improved in the next version.

We’ve talked about it with Navigraph to provide this information - but they don’t have time to do that

(you can open a ticket on their side also - if you have Navigraph subscription).

Thank you

Hi,
thanks for the report … This addon uses the same data as LNM and in LNM you see the ATC boundries. I can’t say, if this is enough for FSHud or if this addon needs more data but they decided to use an existing format (LittleNav Map).

What we also don’t know is, how FSHud uses the LNM data because they merge data with other sources, and thats also not in our reponsiblity.

This is one of the addons where we only can provide the data but our support is very limited due the unknown formats and the LNM format, which is also special.

Sorry, at least I can’t help you here … Possible that the LNM format doesn’t contain all data which FSHud needs, I don’t know. It was the decision from the FSHud developer to use this format, sorry.

Cheers
Richard

Hi, Richard,

the guys from FSHUD sent me folling message:

Hello again,

this was the annswer, i just get from Navigraph

Hi,
thanks for the report … This addon uses the same data as LNM and in LNM you see the ATC boundries. I can’t say, if this is enough for FSHud or if this addon needs more data but they decided to use an existing format (LittleNav Map).

What we also don’t know is, how FSHud uses the LNM data because they merge data with other sources, and thats also not in our reponsiblity.

This is one of the addons where we only can provide the data but our support is very limited due the unknown formats and the LNM format, which is also special.

Sorry, at least I can’t help you here … Possible that the LNM format doesn’t contain all data which FSHud needs, I don’t know. It was the decision from the FSHud developer to use this format, sorry.

Cheers
Richard

That’s absolutely correct - but we DID asked Navigraph about possibility to extend LittleNav Map format or provide us this data in any other format - still waiting for their answer.

Thank You,

FSHud Team

Please, can you tell me, why they didn’t get an answer from you?

Greetings from germany

Ralf

Hi Ralf,
as you possible know, the LNM dataset was designed for LNM from the LNM developer. The FSHud developer has informed us during the pre release phase, that he want to use these format. We had informed him, that this is not our recommendation because it’s designed for LNM and we can’t change anything. The better way would be to use our DFD format, where we have all possibilities but we can’t change or extend the LNM format.

We help where we can but when a developer prefer a special format than its his decision and not ours sorry.

We can’t and we may not change the LNM because it’s copyright by LNM and also the specifications are in the hands of the LNM dev. We have informed this to the FSHud dev several times, sorry. The only way is to use either a own format for FSHud - for that we need the exact specification or FSHud uses the DFD format which is available from our dev portal. The DFD format is very flexible and can be adapted on the wishes of the devs.

Cheers
Richard

Hi Richard,

thank you very much for the quick reply. I don’t understand anything about all the programming, I’m just a user and buyer. I only asked FSHUD why my product doesn’t work the way I have observed it with other users. FSHUD then gave me these strange answers and claims to have asked you several times and has not received an answer until now.

Even that is strange. I will receive a response from Navigraph within a few hours. FSHUD just tells me something about ‘Navigraph would be more expensive than FSHUD and they felt unfairly treated by me, while I insist on a solution.’ For me it doesn’t matter if Navigraph is more expensive than FSHUD. On the one hand, it is my business what I spend my money on and on the other hand, Navigraph is a completely different and reliable product for me.

In the end, I seem to be just a beta tester for FSHUD, who also had to spend over 30,00 €. I thank you for your efforts and wish you and navigraph all the good.

Kind regards

Ralf

I fully understand you Ralf and you’re right, this ist nothing for end user, but we have informed the FSHud developer long before about our concerns and it’s not ok to point the finger to us,when we have offered an alternative.

Anyway, we are still in contact with Flight1, to help where we can. FSHud gets exactly the same attention as all other 3rd party developer but the last decision is alsways the dev.

Cheers und Danke
Richard

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.