Missing AI traffic and major city names

Hi there

Thanks for the very straight forward Game-pad!
However 2 important things are missing here:

1. I can’t see any AI traffic from the simulator on the map.
  2. Is there an option to the map settings regarding to show major city names on the map?

Cheers,
Morten

P3Dv.5.3

Hi,

1. Incorporating external traffic is on the roadmap and will happen in a future app update.

2. City names are in the “Infrastructure” map layer which is ON by default in the VFR map. Are you using the VFR map or one of the IFR ones? Turning on infrastrucure or the VFR map, and turning off airports shows the map like this:

Regards,

Stephen

1 Like

So damn cool, as always Stephen! :joy:

1 Like

Ad.1 However, regarding the external traffic (AI) any time schedule for this? As it is I’m using Littlenavmap, which is OK so far and including AI - however unfortunately with a horrible user interface making it hopelessly difficult to find the appropriate settings - that is, in contrast to your vice interface which is intuitively straight forward! - half of the job of making a successful app!!

Ad.2 Actually I’m flying IFR, 90% of the time. However I tend to lose the greater overview if I don’t have any major city/country names and borderlines on the map. So a VFR/IFR map mixture option here would be great.

Cheers
Morten

Hi,

1. Thank you for the kind words. I can’t share any timeline at the moment but we have a few other features we’re planning to push before the external traffic. That would not include AI traffic however, at least not initially, but actual traffic on external networks.

2. We don’t have country names in the app at all, but FIR boundaries should basically do the job for situational awareness. Cities can be enabled by toggling the Infrastructure category ON in the map filters:

It will then look like this:

If you’d like to only keep cities, press the edit button at the bottom and go to the Infrastructure layers and uncheck what you don’t want:

Regards,

Stephen

Excellent and profound answer, thanks a lot!

Fancy feature there regarding to actual live traffic.
However in my case, during IFR, I am restricted entirely to announcements from ProATCX which is coordinated in detail with the FMS flightplan data and my internal AIGAIM/OCI AI traffic database so I really can’t use that feature. Guess then, I unfortunately will have to carry on with Littlenavmap until you finally implement virtual AI traffic into your maps. :roll_eyes:
Guess I’m maybe not entirely alone with this issue among us flying mostly IFR…?

Cheers

Hopefully, Navigraph will add some features as traffic from a source like RealTraffic or other sources. I have a Foreflight screen in VR to mimic what I use IRL, but this option has a FPS penalty even with an Intel 13900k and Nvidia 4090 gpu. Foreflight in VR requires running SteamVR, XSOverlay and Airserver.

I have not noticed a FPS drop when using Navigraph which is great! If it is possible to add some of the features that Foreflight offers in a VR UI that would be fantastic! Cheers, CY