J64 Airways problem

KJFK/22R DCT SARAA J64 LAX DCT KLAX
I have a problem that when I type via J64 to waypoint (like HEC,PGS,SARAA etc on J64 ) on FMC of both 747-400 &737-800 of X-plane mobile, it just show AWY/WPT dismatch. I checked the directions of J64 and seems like it doesn’t have certain direction.

I’ve tried to type it for flight plan from KLAX to KJFK and KJFK to KLAX, and both are failed

Help me PLEASE :pray:

Navigation data are latest from navigraph

Not sure what you are using to create a flightplan but airway J64 does not run from SARAA to LAX hence the failure.

I checked it on navigraph app chart, it indicates that J64 started from LAX and ended at SARAA.

So you tried it on FMC and failed as well ?

Hi,

No thats not right - according our charts, the J64 goes from SARAA to LMN and from HLC to LAX. There is no direct connection between SARAA and LAX and therefore the error.

Here from our chart:

The yellow part (airway Q90) is the missing connection between HLC and LMN:

As @srcooke wrote, I´m not sure which flightplan program you use but you should possible switch to a more professional one, like our chart-app.

Cheers,
Richard

@NAVData I assume the op has entered SARAA J64 LAX into the charts route builder manually, this results in J64 running all the way through.

… when you enter a route manually, there is no real “validation” because you can enter all, in all ways then. What we can check, when a airway is broken on the way from A to B, that we insert a DCT instead the airway-number.

… but also when you click on the “airway number” you will see, that there is no segment between LMN and HLC. @DeicingTransponder12 the auto-routing is highly recommended, expect you know that the manual inserted flightplan is 100% valid (like from SimBrief or similar else).

Cheers,
Richard

I see~ Thank you very much :pray:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.