“introducing faa sectionals” is blocking app 2

Hi Ian,

It was really more of a “tongue in cheek” comment as I know it’s not something you are doing. The ad is annoying and invasive though. I hope you find a better way to inform users that the new feature is available.

Regards,

Rob

Hi Rob,

We shall try to make the advice informative and less intrusive.

Cheers
Ian

I can also concur that I have this “FAA splash screen” every time I start MSFS 2020 and click on the Navigraph in game panel whether in 2d or VR . There needs to be a way to turn this off in some sort of “do not display this again” message/button. Thanks.

PC, windows 10, intel I9-13900, Invidia RTX 3080ti.

It is unfortunate! That introduction is only supposed to be shown once and then not again.
As mentioned earlier in this thread, this is a limitation in the simulator that we are trying our best to find a workaround for. Ultimately, it is beyond what we have control over but we’re trying our best to find a solution!

With the recent release of 8.32.0, this message should no longer show up at all as it is no longer showing new features (FAA Sectionals were introduced in 8.31.0). This should mean that this issue is “temporarily solved”, and we’ll keep working on finding ways to prevent it from happening in the future!

Everyone, please confirm that you no longer see this popup in the panel!

Kind Regards,
Malte

So far in my initial 2 starts of MSFS 2020 and the Navigraph in game panel with version 8.32.0 I can report two issues have been corrected.

1. Faa charts splash screen no longer appears.

2. No more constant CTD’s when clicking on the Navigraph in game panel.

Thank you for addressing and correcting these issues. I’m a happy camper again. Hopefully those 2 problems will not occur again.

Thanks for confirming! I did not know about any CTDs, but there isn’t anything that we can do on our side to trigger a CTD so that is quite interesting. If it comes back and you can single out our panel as the source, please create a new, dedicated topic!

Kind Regards,
Malte

Do we experience the same issue but for this recent Annotations info?

Unfortunately that is possible, yes. There is nothing we can do about this except never show this message at all to anyone using the panel, and that probably wouldn’t be ideal either.

Are you seeing this popup every time you start the panel again?

Yes, so far (adding characters here so that my post is ok)

That’s unfortunate. We’ll hide the welcome message for everyone then.

Let me know if you see it again!