Installation Problem Navigraph Charts cannot be closed

Hey,

today i wanted to install Charts again and it keeps saying Navigraph Charts cannot be closed. Please close it manually… The Old Charts is deinstalled. And nothing is running in the background.
Restarting the Pc does not work aswell.

I would really appreciate some help.

1 Like

Hi Dennis,

Welcome.

Please used Ctrl-Shift-Esc and End Task any running Navigraph Charts

Please try reinstall procedure at Unable to Load Flight Plans after Unload - no airport charts - #2 by Ian.

Cheers
Ian

Hey,

already used the Task Manager to check if anything is still running it isnt. Did the procedure exactly like that still doesnt work. Firewall and Anti-Virus is fully disabled. Simlink installation is working just fine.

Cheers

Hi,

Could you please paste a screenshot showing this error?

See Posting Guide - Uploading Screenshots

Regards,

Stephen

Problem

Did you start the Charts app in Admin mode perhaps?

Does the same problem appear if you reboot your computer and then immediately install Charts from Simulated Flight, Real Navigation – Navigraph (before starting the Charts app)?

Regards,

Stephen

Did not start the installer in Admin mode. Tried rebooting the Computer and first of all installing Navigraph didnt work.

Very strange. If you press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to open the Task Manager, can you see Charts running there (before you launch the installer)?

Stephen

Looked at that before. Charts is not running in the background.

regards

Hi,

Are you running Windows 10 or 11? If Windows 10, please try this instruction: FAQ - Charts desktop installer fails immediately

Regards,

Stephen

Hey,

already did that aswell. Running Windows 10. Charts is not listed in the uninstall window anymore.

Regards

So is there anything else I can try ?

Regards

Hi,

It seems to be a bug with the third party installer library we are using affecting some users. We are still researching a solution. You are the only report so far.

Could you try running the installer as admin (right click > Run as administrator)?

While we try to pinpoint the issue, please use the web app https://charts.navigraph.com which is functionally equivalent to the desktop app.

Regards,

Stephen

Hey,

thanks. Running the installer as admin does not work sadly.

Regards,
Dennis

any solutions to this? been trying to find one for hours. I have the same problem also with thee Simlink and Navdata center

Never got it running.

Hey Dennis, so i tried something very simple and it actually worked. I got all apps installed once i moved the installer out of the downloads folder and into another drive (i choose the M.2 i have the sim on) then opened it there.
Somehow this worked with no issues at all. Seriously not sure why it wasn’t running out of the downloads folder but it did on another drive