How to link two copies of XPlane12 to FMS Data Manager?

I am running two copies of XPlane 12 (one direct from xplane.org the other Steam). I cannot see how to link the FMS Data Manager to two systems as the Settings page appears to give me only a single option. Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Paul,

By default, only one copy of X-Plane 12 is supported.

In Settings your X-Plane 12 path should be where your main X-Plane.exe is located. You should navigate to it and Save it. Lets say it is C:\XPlane 12.

Addons for this installation should detected by Scan in Addon Mappings

A second copy can be manually added:

In Addon Mappings you can manually +Add:

• For Please select an addon… choose X-Plane (11.50+),
  • For Install into… choose User Defined Folder say - C:\Xplane 12 Steam

If you have addons for this second copy you will need to map them manually.

As I say this is not a supported configuration but should work

Cheers
Ian

Thanks Ian,

Of no real interest for you but the reason I bought my clean installation from xplane.org is that somehow my Steam copy was being bombarded with that annoying pop-up pretending Steam were giving $50 … . I never clicked on it but despite having three attempts at changing passwords through a separate computer and running a series of deep scans with my subscription anti-virus program (I was always ‘clean’) that damnable pop-up would appear a day or two later.

Since switching to the direct xplane.org copy I haven’t seen it.

Anyway, thanks for putting me straight. Always liked your product and the ever changing processes you Folk provide always seem to make the perfect even better.

Hope 2024 sees Navigraph enjoy increasing success.

Paul

Hi Paul,

You are welcome. Thank you for the kind words also.

Have a Great 2024.

Cheers
Ian

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.