Fenix A321 can't find waypoint on EGNX DTY4P SID

Not sure if this is the aircraft, MSFS or a fault with the data, but on the DTY4P SID, out of EGNX RWY 09, the HON30 waypoint appears to be presenting a bit of a challenge to my Fenix A321.

Early in the SID, the aircraft seems to end up “chasing” the HON30 waypoint and never appears to be able to identify that it has flown through it. It’s easily worked around, by doing a DIRect to the following waypoint, but something is obviously not right somewhere.

Hi,

With AIRAC 2409, latest Fenix A321, the DTY4P SID loads correctly at EGNX

I flew this with no problems:

So I don’t see any Navigraph data issue.

Cheers
Ian

Thanks Ian,

I’ve tried it again, since updating the navdata, and my Fenix A321 IAE, in AP, flies to about 0.3nm of HON30 and the distance starts to climb again. The aircraft then circles round to try again, unless I do a DIRect. I’ll try and fly it manually, but if you’ve flown it successfully on AP, I’m lost as to what else might be different?

I’ve asked in the Fenix discord now and another user appears to have a similar problem with a SID out of EGKK, so it does look a little odd.

Maybe the AP is just not getting close enough to the WP?

Thanks again.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Yes no probs on Autopilot for me. Make sure you have the lastest Fenix update.

Ian

Hi Ian,

I have the latest version of the Fenix and have tried this 4-5 times now, with the same outcome, so something must be different somewhere. I’m flying fairly standard speeds and there are no settings in MSFS or the Fenix that I am aware of that would affect how close the aircraft flies to the WP.

Maybe it’s a flap setting or wind speeds that affect the aircraft’s cornering performance? I’ll try holding the flaps down a little longer and use the clear skies weather preset.

I tried the Headwind A330 and that flew it fine, so it does look like the navdata is not at fault.

It’ll give me something to figure out. :slight_smile:

Cheers

Paul

Hi Ian,

I submitted a ticket with Fenix and they have indicated that it is a problem with their aircraft, that will need to be fixed and that they are getting on with that now.

From what I understand, there has been a similar issue with it hitting a waypoint in the EGKK LAM6M departure.

Maybe the fixed version will mean that the waypoint will be recognised and regardless of the speed that one approaches it at. :slight_smile:

Cheers

Paul

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.