Charts Desktop App/Cloud crashes when deleting flights

I am running into a weird issue where whenever I delete a flight/flights in either the desktop app or the Cloud, it closes out; for the desktop app, the whole program just crashes, and for the Cloud version, the browser tab closes itself.

3 Likes

Hi…,

We are trying to find the common factor - maybe your internet connection. Can you try connecting through another means - maybe through a hotspot on mobile phone.

Cheers
Ian

I have exactly same issue. Whenever I try to delete flightplan from list, whole Charts application crashes and shutdown. Just created very simple fpl, only choosing dep and dest airports. Then Unloaded it. Chose Edit, chose that flightplan and clicked Delete, confirmed deletion and immediately Charts crashed.

Using desktop version. Version info in screenshot.

1 Like

@Ian Is this topic still active? :slight_smile:

We can’t reproduce it yet. Does this occur with Charts Cloud?
Can you try another internet connection , say by hot spotting with your mobile phone.

Cheers
Ian

Hi,

On iPhone the deletion takes place, however, you get the following message:

The app does not crash.

Regards, Neil.

Just did switch to mobile hotspot connection and tried with both laptop and PC… and same outcome, no warning or error messages, flightplan deletes and Charts application just closes.

And also tried with Android tablet Charts, same out come as @DeceleratingAerofoi1 had, flightplan deletes but with that error message.

@Ian Is there any error log or something we could provide to you to solve this issue? It’s getting quite frustrating…

Same problem here. Navigraph Charts crashes everytime I delete a flightplan.

1 Like

I’ve had a similar problem under macOS, when deleting a flight, the main window closes-- interestingly, it’s not a crash (and therefore macOS does not generate a crash report), the app icon remains open in the dock, and the main window can be brought back by clicking on said dock icon.

Maybe the Windows app similarly doesn’t crash but rather automatically quits because the main window was closed or something?

Regards,

Tim

I have the exact issue and it only started after AIRAC 2406 Rev. 2

Hi,
the charts have nothing todo with any data revisions. Completely independent. So, thats not the issue even it looks so for you, sorry.

Cheers
Richard

Does this occur with Charts Cloud?

Cheers
Ian

It occurs with Navigraph on my desk top.
I’m not sure what Charts Cloud is?

1 Like

Try running the web based Navigraph Charts at Navigraph Charts .

It has virtually the same functionality as Charts Desktop.

Cheers
Ian

Thank you Ian,

If I LAUNCH it from the Navigraph\Downloads\Charts\Cloud of the website all is good. But if I launch it from the Cloud Windows version it has a CTD

Hi Dane,

It seems you have a solution at https://charts.navigraph.com/

We shall investigate the deleting flights issues in Charts desktop when our developers return from summer break.

Cheers
Ian

Still having the problem with the desktop app, and wondered if this is normal to have four Navigraph Charts in the Control Panel.

Hello,

Just wanted to add my voice to this, I’ve been experiencing crashes within the desktop app for some time now whenever I delete a flight plan. The program also crashes whenever I delete a custom waypoint. To answer @Ian 's question, as far as I can see, the web-based version doesn’t suffer from this issue.

I have also tried on the iOS Charts app (iPhone and iPad versions), and both experience the same ‘error message’ whenever deleting a flight plan as described in some other messages above. To eliminate my WiFi as a cause, I tried doing this on both my broadband internet and a 4G connection. Both means of connection resulted in the same outcome.

Not sure how else I can help you guys on the Navigraph team to troubleshoot this, but I am happy to run any sort of tests on my end that you might come up with to help identify a possible cause.

Can I also say it was lovely to catch up with several of you again in Vegas in June. Looking forward to seeing you in Providence next year.

Hello everyone! Sorry for the delay.

We believe this issue has been fixed internally and will be gone with the next update, v.36.0! Unfortunately, I can’t give any ETAs on this release since many team members are still on vacation.

I will try to come back to this topic when the update is out, but if any of you have the same issue with the next release, feel free to let us know!

Kind Regards,
Malte

3 Likes