Cannot install BETA software

Not able to install the beta program “Cannot read property files of ‘undefined’”. Can you please help.

Hi Robert,
have you read this? Have downloaded zhe latest installer?

Cheers
Richard

Hi Ian- I restored my full system from a backup image, then got the beta installer from your link and it appears to have installed OK. I exclusively use the FlyByWire A320NX aircraft and thus I am hoping that I will be able to use the latest Navigraph Airaccs in tandem with Foreflight. I run Foreflight on my iPad and of course MSFS on my Laptop. I will advise if any further issues, but thank for jumping on this. Yes, initially I tried to install your normal (old style) File Manager tool which only saw my XPlane aircraft did not see MSFS 2020 at all - hence there may be some confusion for old subscribers (like me) who are returning to flight sim after MSFS re-ignited our interest :grinning: It may be worthwhile making a larger blurb on your home page for those of us flying MSFS 2020 to know WHICH FMS Management tool to install (?). Your call! Best regards.

Great Robert, I’m Richard not Ian but also ok :rofl:
Thanks also fir the feedback …

Cheers
Richard

Sorry Richard. I can neither read nor follow package directions. I think it’s a guy thing.

1 Like

Hi Robert,

Please also see FAQ - Navigraph MSFS Navdata Update Beta Installer and FAQ - How to install/update the Navigraph Navdata Installer .

Cheers
Ian

Thanks Ian, I’ll save your mail for future reference as well. Quick question: I thought I saw on the forums or some such rumours that sometimes your charts may conflict with other software (?) or maybe the scenery changes you are implementing are causing issues (?). I use the FlyByWireSim A320NX mod to fly in MSFS as there (so far) are no 737’s which is my tubeliner of choice. PMDG is working on porting their stellar 737NG (possibly 737MAX) from Prepar3D over to MSFS (2020). My worry is that your beta program may damage or cause crashes in MSFS by altering the default scenery? While I have read that uninstalling the same will revert back to Asobo/Microsoft default sceneries, I think I saw that your thing ‘rearranges’ the scenery folder (?). Should I be concerned? Whenever MSFS ‘crashes’ it’s a painful thing to restart it. It’s far from a quick process to set up a flight. Appreciate any thoughts/guidance. If I am understanding correctly, the ONLY way to use Navigraph Airac updates is via the BETA for MSFS? I fly ForeFlight and I use their charts and procedures exclusively. No interest in the Jeppersen stuff at this juncture as I fly only in the USA. Thank you!

Hi Robert,
just a few words about MSFS and the our package:
When you also use the Navigraph Installer (currently beta 23) for removing (red REMOVE button) or installing (blue INSTALL button) our data, you are 100% safe. We never delete anything in the sim, we only disable/de-active the stock data via a specific flag. The installer enable/active or disable/de-active the stock-data.

So, whenever you run into a problem and you mean, that this could be from us … close the sim, start the Navigraph Installer and press on the “remove” button. That´s it - then you have exactly the same starting-position as after a new installation of the sim (related to the navdata).

Hope that helps a little bit
Richard

Thanks for clearing that up, Richard. But if I were to uninstall the beta, then I lose the Airac data that I am paying for within MSFS, correct? To be clear, the ONLY way I can have current Airacs is by using your BETA installer (at this time) within MSFS 2020… am I right?

Appreciate your help very much. Thanks.

No, no Robert … during the cycle period you can remove and re-install the AIRAC data so often you want. You have paid (at least for one cycle) and in this period you can do what ever you want.

As an example:
You want to switch to the stock data for some testings. Close the sim, start the Navigraph Installer and remove the AIRAC data. After a while, you want to re-install the AIRAC files. Open the Navigraph Installer, press Install and from now you stock data are de-activated and the our AIRAC files will be used. You can do this so often you want during the same AIRAC period.

Does this answer your question?
Richard

It helped me a lot, thank you Richard.

1 Like

Great Robert - let us know, when you need some more assistance …
Have a nice day,
Richard

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.