ALTERNATE issues

Hello,

When I save my flight plans to retrieve them later, I manually save an alternate airport. Indeed, I rely on flight plans that have been actually filed. However, when I reopen the flight later, SimBrief automatically recalculates an alternate, which is never the correct one. Is it possible to change this?

Additionally, being based at LFPG or LFPO, SimBrief consistently indicates LFOK as the alternate airport, whereas in 90% of cases: the alternate for LFPG is LFOB (or LFPO, according to some airlines), and for the alternate of LFPO, it’s LFPG. Is it possible to modify this as well?

Best regards.
Hugo

Hi Hugo,

These alternates are too close for SimBrief to automatically select them. But in the future we will update the system to not recalculate a saved alternate unless it is no longer legal for today’s weather.

Best regards,

Hi again, just to follow-up, I have updated the system to not recalculate alternates unless they are no longer valid for today’s weather.

I also added an option to preserve alternates and runways regardless of weather when loading a saved flight.

Best regards,

Hi,

Thank you for your promptness and consideration of my request. I was able to use the new functionality, and I find my flight plan exactly as it was saved, with the correct alternate in this case. Thanks again.

Best regards
Hugo D.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.