TDS rev 2 Update Bricks the DB

The New update today for TDS GTN Xi will brick the Database causing the system to actually revert back to the Garmin Database. This also results in needing to re-install TDS to get the 2302 dataset back at least.

1 Like

Hi,
thanks for the info, I can confirm that … Little bit strange, because we replace only the 3 files. The main cause of this update was a wrong threshold value calculation on path points.

I will check this with TDS.

Cheers
Richard

1 Like

I can confirm the same problem

Hi gents,
I’m still working on it but I will temporary revert back to rev 1 in the next couple of hours.

Sorry for the troubles …

Cheers
Richard

1 Like

Hi Richard, did you get a chance to roll back to Rev1 as I’m still having the issue. I’ve reinstalled TDS which roll the database back to 2302 but when I use Navigraph hub to add the upgrade package I end up on the Garmin trainer database version which is 2 year old.

Please help, I can’t fly on Vatsim with an out of date AIRAC.

2 Likes

Hi,
we hope, we are ready in a few hours. We are working very closely with the TDS devs. If this fix doesn’t work, we will revert back to revision 1. But we are positive :face_with_peeking_eye:

Sorry, for the teoubles guys - I’m still working on a solution.

Cheers
Richard

1 Like

Thanks for the update Richard, hope your efforts will bear fruit - best of luck and thanks for working on this over the weekend, its much appreciated.

1 Like

Fix is working, back again …

We are currently uploading the new revision 3 - so it should be online in the next 50-60 minutes (latest) from now on.

Again, I can only say more - please apologize for this troubles in the past 48 hours with the new revision. We have identified the issue now and has fixed it - also we have implemented a validation-check for the TDS data in the hope, to avoid such issues in the future.

Sorry again, gents and thank you to all for their patience …

Cheers,
Richard

PS: as soon, the data are available, I will inform you here again - but the release process takes round about 50-60 minutes - thank you

2 Likes

You worked on a fix over the weekend, I’m grateful that you did that. I’m guessing the TDS dev’s did too. Its a new feature and there will be bugs, that’s life, you responded when the community informed you of the problem - thanks again.

Many thanks for the update and of course your efforts during a weekend!

Revision 3 is out …

Yes, the TDS devs have also support us - this cooperation is really, really, really impressive and I´m thankful to have such a good support. Crossing the fingers, that all is ok now …

Please re-install the TDS AIRAC from the Navigraph Hub and if possible report back, if its working or not, that we can close this bad issue :wink:

Cheers,
Richard

2 Likes

Richard - I can confirm the issue is resolved, big thanks to you and TDS dev’s for sorting this.

Hope your validation check will work in 3 days when the next AIRAC cycle comes out

Yes, it will :slight_smile: … thanks for your confirmation.

Cheers,
Richard

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.