🤷‍♀️ Which is More Efficient—Browser or Client App—for Moving Maps?

I’m curious as to which is a more efficient use of moving maps…using it via a web browser or with the Navigraph Charts app running on the local PC.

By “efficient”, I’m referring to internet bandwidth as well as internal network traffic, computer memory, CPU resources; those types of things. I guess I’m looking for a comparison between these two different ways of using moving maps.

I doubt there is much between them. Each needs to download charts, maybe caching is slightly different between them. So I would think bandwidth would be similar, otherwise this would have been reported. Browsers need memory, so does Charts desktop.
You are best set up to see which loads your system more than the other.

Cheers
Ian

Thank you, @Ian.

They both use Simlink correct? Does that mean Simlink is sending the data across the internet so that the browser can have access to it?

For the PC app, I was thinking that Simlink simply broadcasts the info within the internal network for the app to pick it up. Is the app going out to the internet to get this data, too?

Simlink is a program which sends your aircraft position to Navigraph servers. When you call up a map in Charts (Desktop, Cloud, iPad or Android), the aircraft icon is placed on the map, where you are located, and moves when your aircraft moves.
Simlink uses a plugin for FSX, P3D, X-Plane, and Simconnect for MSFS.

Cheers
Ian

Thank you for the explanation, @Ian!

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.