VR Map Zoom bug or working as intended?

I have just started using the in game Navigraph map in VR.
I made the window nice and large and placed it on the seat next to me so that I could see it clearly.

The problem is that when you zoom IN, the text i.e. names, airway labels etc becomes smaller, as if it is resizing to a fixed size regardless of the zoom level.

This makes it harder to read when you zoom in, which is not how zoom should work :slight_smile:

Could you please consider making the zoom actually increase the size of the elements on the map?
I am aware that this is a Windows issue but as other developers have found how to make this work, could you have a look at it too? It would make Navigraph the best in-game charts app by far.

Thank you

Hi,

Yes this is by design. It is how electronic maps work. Zoom in to Google Maps or Apple Maps - the fonts will remain the same size regardless of zoom level (no they do not become smaller!). Otherwise it would be impossible to zoom in to e.g. the airport level and be able read anything.

To increase the font size overall in the in-game panel, go to Settings and Use Large Scale Map.

Regards,

Stephen

That’s a shame as it’s very hard to read the vfr map details in vr. The charts are ok, it’s just the vfr map becomes very hard to use. Thank you.

Did you try the setting?

Stephen

Yes, that was the first thing I tried to do when trying the Charts for the first time. I scaled the UI using the Navigraph setting and Use Large Scale Map was selected by default I believe but doesn’t seem to make much visible difference. I am using a 180% custom resolution via Open XR Runtime (4264x4164 per eye), maybe your Chart tool isn’t recognising that correctly? Does the chart text scale with any of MSFS’ custom UI scaling settings or is it independent code?

The sad thing is that when you zoom in, it’s all larger for a second before it resizes and shrinks again.

I just tested this again on a flight and, while the UI is fine and the chart overlays display clearly and are zoomable, the underlying text on the actual map is too small for me to read clearly, unfortunately.

Please have a look here, does this post help you in any way?

That entire thread (click the message above to go there) will shed some additional info on the topic, which is due to recent regressions in how the sim handled these panels in VR.

Regards,

Stephen

I appreciate your help and, while not ideal due to the huge menu bar, it does achieve what I was looking for, so thank you. It would be great if you could make the menu bar hideable like Sky4Sim do.

Also, when entering an altitude in VR on the flight plan, there is no DEL option and when there is a default altitude already entered, you need to remove the VR headset to see DEL on the keyboard. Could you please add a DELETE button to the numberpad display in-game chart?

1 Like

Hi,

Great! Could you somehow post a screenshot of how the big menubar looks?

We’ll consider adding a delete key to the virtual keyboard. There should be a backspace key however, can’t it be used?

Regards,

Stephen

This is the left eye image. Not so easy to see in 2d or as ‘huge’ as in VR.
Hopefully enough to give you an idea though.

Thank you. We’ll consider this! Not sure how you would close or reposition the window without that bar though.

Regards,

Stephen

Sky4Sim have a button that switches the border on or off. Once I’ve positioned the window in VR, I don’t need to move it. It’s not like with a 2d screen, where you need the screen space.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.