Switching rendering mode (2D/VR) results in sign-out

We have not changed anything, which is unfortunate since seemingly randomly occurring issues like these are often very hard to debug.

Actually, reading this - perhaps your post should be on a new topic and not this one. Do you get signed out while using the panel?

EDIT: Actually, that would also fit into this topic going by previous answers.

Out of curiosity, when I’m asked to sign in, is that because some cookie or whatever on my side expired or is it rather something on your side?

I tried doing an empty cache hard reload of the Navigraph Charts page in Chrome but issue remains. I’ve also tried various things such as keeping the Navigraph Charts window open when switching from VR-2D as well as having it hidden and closed. In all cases, once I then switch back to VR, I’m once again asked to sign in. Meaning once again, I have to take off the VR glasses I just put on (and stay in VR mode) just to sign in and then put the glasses on again.

After this, all is fine until next time I switch to 2D and later back to VR again. When it starts all over again.

I realize it’s hard for you to isolate this issue if you can’t reproduce it but one way or the other, I hope you’ll be able to figure out why this is happening. Since it’s a true PITA having to go through this procedure all the time.

Also really odd why I didn’t see this issue for a while. Before it all of a sudden started again. Constantly asking me to sign in.

As mentioned before, do let me know if there’s anything else I can check or do on my side to help you figure out what is going on.

You get signed out because the simulator is not able to find your previous session. This can have many causes, all of which are beyond our control. However, the activity in this thread (and others) seem to indicate that the choice of aircraft seems to affect the panel. Addons that are heavy on frames seem to cause more issues, as far as I can see (and guess).

Our current theory is that the simulator side of the panel can fail to respond with the necessary details in time. However, adapting to this is hard without being able to reproduce the issue…

Can you please elaborate on this? Do you mean that you reloaded the panel, or are you having this issue with the browser version as well?

Could you clarify the message of these two sentences? Am I understanding it correctly that you only get signed out when switching rendering mode or do you get signed out every time?

Actually, there is one thing that could help. Next time that the panel signs you out seemingly for no reason, see what you can find by following these steps:

1. Open a browser and navigate to http://localhost:19999
  2. Click Navigraph Charts Beta in the list that appears
  3. Along the top, select the Console tab and take some screenshots of the content
  4. Send them to me as a DM, as they could contain sensitive information.

I do all my flying in the PMDG 737 which of course is a high demanding aircraft to fly. However, I also have a very powerful PC and rarely see below 40-50 FPS in any given situation. But maybe the actual FPS number isn’t what’s important here?

Sorry for being unclear. What I did was to perform a hard reload in the browser by opening the developer panel and then right-clicking the refresh button. Reason I tried this was I don’t know how these things are designed behind the scenes and figured maybe it would help. Which sadly wasn’t the case.

I don’t have this issue with the browser. Only with the in-game panel. Both in 2D and in VR. When I’m in 2D mode and switch to VR, I’m always prompted to sign in. Same thing the other way around, when I’m in VR and switch back to 2D, I’m once again asked to sign in. So it’s clear the switching between 2D and VR is what’s causing the issue.

I think I already answered this one above but again, I’m asked to sign in whenever I switch mode. And this currently happens every time I switch.

Followed your instructions and grabbed two screenshots of the content and will send them your way as a DM. This was after switching from VR->2D where I as usual was asked to sign in again when opening the Navigraph window from the in-game panel. Did see some red stuff in there. So hopefully it will help you figure out what’s going on :+1:

Anything else, let me know and I’ll be happy to help in any way I can :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello thread! The panel has been automatically updated and should now show version v8.17.0-alpha-1 in the settings.

Initial inquiries indicate that this had a positive effect on the signout issues. It would be much appreciated if you could try it out and see if you agree!

Kind Regards,
Malte

Maybe we don’t have that many VR guys in here based on no comments from others so far.

So, at least you get one comment from me Malte! In the form of a BIG thank you for finding out what was causing the issue. Did a flight earlier today and it was such a relief being able to perform a full flight without having to constantly take the VR glasses off just to sign in over and over again.

THANK YOU!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback @WebMaximus !

Looks like there are no more feedback, so I will consider this solved for now.