Suddenly the flightplan dispatch does not work anymore. It worked fine untill recently (almost a week ago). The right-click from the taskbar (Download latest flightplan) does not work either. I have to Open Main Window and then select the blue button to make the export work. Not really a problem, but a bit unconvenient. ![]()
Hello,
Do you mean the SimBrief downloader app?
It would be really helpful if you could take some screenshots.
Thanks.
Hi Gordon,
Those shots would be empty. I have Simbrief in the browser (Brave). When I click on the ‘Generate flight’-button it starts doing it’s thing, giving me the flight data. Usually there is a popup that shows the flights that have been exported (1 local and 3 to a networked computer). Sometimes the popup was behind the browser, but easy to find.
All of a sudden there is nothing. Nowhere! So I minimize all active programs; go to the task bar, right-click the Simbrief downloader icon, and select ‘Download Latest Flight Plan’. Nothing happens.
Then I right-click it again, select ‘Open Main Window’, which opens nicely, then select the blue ‘Export Selected Format’-button and the usual popup shows that files have been exported, to be closed. Only in that last situation the files were really exported. Not in the other occasions.
Since I did not change anything before it stopped working the normal way, I thought you made some change in the browser-to-downloader-process. But still, then it should do it’s thing on ‘Download Latest Flight Plan’. That cancels out the browser, I think.
The Simbrief downloader has Administrator rights.
It is not a big thing, but a bit unconvenient. ![]()
Can you let me know what version of SimBrief Downloader you are using? I
Could you try this
- Right click the tray icon and quit the SimBrief Downloader. Then generate a flightplan.
- If its still stuck, reboot your PC and test once more.
It might also be an idea to check whether this is happening using a different browser, Chrome or Firefox, just for a little A/B testing.
If all else fails here, it might be worth to try uninstalling the SimBrief Downloader app from http://navigraph.com/downloads and reinstalling.
I tried everything you suggested, but without success.
Strange thing is, that when I generate a flightplan after the SImbrief downloader has been terminated (Exit), that when I restart the Downloader afer that, it ‘knows’ what the Latest Flightplan is. So I don’t have anything other to do than hit the blue button on the Main Window. Which is the only one thing that works so far.
Seriously, if it had been my software, I would check the difference between:
- Selecting ‘Download Latest Flightplan’ from the tray icon and
- Selecting ‘Export Selected Formats’ from the Main Window
What happens procedure-wise?
It might be that then you will find the difference, and the smooking gun on this matter.
It might have also something to do with your Charts application that I don’t use. Maybe a later build in function if any excists. Just suggesting…
Can you send us the console.log file which is located at %AppData%/SimBrief Downloader.
You can also Windows Key + R and enter the location there.
That should give us some more information.
Thanks
Goodmorning,
Here it is.
Thanks a lot for those logs. Quite helpful! (I have removed the log, from your post, by the way, just to keep everything secure)
Regarding the issue, open up SimBrief Downloader and on the top of the app, where you see your name, click this and choose “log out”.
Next, head over to SimBrief.com and double check the email you use to sign in along with the pilot ID and username matches and makes sense, then log into SimBrief Downloader with the same credentials.
It’s a weird situation. I logged out; went to SimBrief - Dispatch, which is the usual link that I use to plan a flight; logged in with my Navigraph credentials; saw that everything was there, including the latest flightplan; then checked the Simulator paths page, an saw that the P3Dv5 root directory was not selected, so I selected it; but still… no confirmation popup and no exported files; then on the tray icon Download Latest Flightplan: nothing…; only after opening the Main Window and hitting the blue button it works.
I am using Simbrief from long before Navigraph acquired it. The same goes for FMS Data.
I had P3Dv4 on a networked computer and ActiveSky, AivlaSoft EFB and Simbrief downloader on another PC. Recently I bought a new PC for P3Dv5 and moved ActiveSky to that PC, leaving the other PC with only AivlaSoft EFB and Simbrief downloader. That’s the present situation and (after a crazy time with W11 network issues) it worked flawless untill… the recent issue.
Being a former software pro, it intrigues me, and the only thing I can think off is: "what is the procedural difference between hitting ‘Dowload Latest Fightplan’ and ‘the blue button in the Main Window’. It might very well be, that this is a W11 thing, but what?
Please be aware, that I can live with the present situation. So if this is not solved, I’m OK. But… it puzzles me what this could cause. ![]()
I started to look inside the console.log file myself. I saw "{“username”:“Captain45”. And that is not the username I logged in at Navigraph/Simbrief. That is ‘Kappie’. It might be that I used the old one (Captain45) initially in Simbrief long before Navigraph came into the picture.
So I uninstalled the Dowloader; deleted everything in the AppData zone for the downoader; did a clean install and filled in my settings; created a new flight; Generate the flightplan: nothing; tray incon: nothing; Main Window ble button: BINGO
I wanted you to know…
Hi, I have checked the logs for your account on our end and can confirm the following:
- You are connected to the correct/same account on both the website and Downloader
- Your flight plan was successfully pushed to the Downloader when you generated your recent flights
Considering that, if it still isn’t exporting properly, it’s likely one of the following causes. I’ll address a few of your questions and potential causes below:
This is normal. Captain45 is your original SimBrief account, which is still used in SimBrief’s backend since you imported your original SimBrief data into your Navigraph account when we merged. Basically, you are logged into the correct account, this isn’t the issue.
Selecting this from the tray icon will not trigger a file export. This simply refreshes the active flight plan in the Downloader (i.e. it triggers a re-download from the server). It’s basically the same as clicking this icon in the main Downloader window:
What you should choose instead from the tray icon, to trigger an export, is: “Export Selected Formats”:
Now, if it used to export everything when you selected “Download Latest Flightplan”, and it no longer does, this is likely because the “Always export new flights automatically” option has been changed. Enabling this option will result in an automatic file export any time your flight plan is downloaded (both when you generate a new one on SimBrief, as well as whenever you click the “Download Latest Flightplan” from the tray icon):
Finally, if what you are expecting to see is a Windows notification such as this one (which exports files when you click it), and one is no longer appearing, likely you have disabled notifications in Windows somehow (either disabled for the SimBrief Downloader specifically, or disabled globally, or you are in “Do not disturb” mode or something):
Notifications settings can be accessed by right-clicking on the Windows taskbar clock.
Let us know if any of these things help!
Best regards,
Hi,
Thanks for your detailed answer. Sorry that I was using the wrong item from the tray icon. The other one works fine. Automatic is even beter.



