Simlink shows different versions and crashes on Big Sur

I am using Big Sur and the “1.1.19.0104” Simlink is still crashing and I think giving me sporadic X-plane crashes on startup. Despite “Start Simlink on system startup,” Simlink does not start on startup and is not in the top status bar. I have to manually start it before starting X-plane, and in that case it seems that the startup of X-plane goes smoothly.

However, Simlink closes when I close X-plane occasionally with a crash report as well. The crash report lists version 1.1.16.0106 despite the plugin listing its version at 1.1.19.0104.

I have none of the “proxy” settings above enabled…

The different versions seems to be explained by some Info.plist tags not updated, but the binary files seem to be the latest version. The crashes and lack of starting up automatically are the bigger issue.

➜  /Users cd /
➜  / cd Applications/Navigraph\ Simlink.app 
➜  Navigraph Simlink.app grep -r 1.1.19.0104 *
Binary file Contents/MacOS/Navigraph Simlink matches
Binary file Contents/MacOS/lib/libNavigraphNetworkLibrary.1.0.dylib matches
Binary file Contents/MacOS/lib/libNavigraphNetworkLibrary.1.0.0.dylib matches
Binary file Contents/MacOS/lib/libNavigraphNetworkLibrary.dylib matches
Binary file Contents/MacOS/lib/libNavigraphNetworkLibrary.1.dylib matches
Binary file Contents/MacOS/utility/NavigraphSimlinkSettings.app/Contents/MacOS/lib/libNavigraphNetworkLibrary.1.0.dylib matches
Binary file Contents/MacOS/utility/NavigraphSimlinkSettings.app/Contents/MacOS/lib/libNavigraphNetworkLibrary.1.0.0.dylib matches
Binary file Contents/MacOS/utility/NavigraphSimlinkSettings.app/Contents/MacOS/lib/libNavigraphNetworkLibrary.dylib matches
Binary file Contents/MacOS/utility/NavigraphSimlinkSettings.app/Contents/MacOS/lib/libNavigraphNetworkLibrary.1.dylib matches
Binary file Contents/MacOS/utility/NavigraphSimlinkSettings.app/Contents/MacOS/NavigraphSimlinkSettings matches

➜  Navigraph Simlink.app grep -r 1.1.16.0106 * 
Contents/MacOS/utility/NavigraphSimlinkSettings.app/Contents/Info.plist:	<string>1.1.16.0106</string>
Contents/MacOS/utility/NavigraphSimlinkSettings.app/Contents/Info.plist:	<string>1.1.16.0106</string>
Contents/Info.plist:	<string>1.1.16.0106</string>

Hi Brad,

A new version of Charts (v 7.3.7) & Simlink (v 1.1.19.0104) for macOS have been released.

Changes are:

1. Bundled latest version of mac version Simlink
  2. Fix Charts execution issue on BigSur macOS

For completeness, we suggest you uninstall Charts and Simlink and download and install Charts+Simlink for macOS.

We would appreciate feedback that it fixes previous issues you may have had.

Cheers
The Navigraph Team

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.