Simlink not connecting 261004

Simulator Version

MSFS 2024

Operating System

Windows 11

Description of the Issue

Similar to a previous post. Load a Simbrief flight plan int Charts but cannot get moving map, just a message that Simlink is not connected. Very irritating. I have attached the latest SimLink log.

Rob

simlink_2026-10-04.dlog (43.8 KB)

Hello,

Please try the advice given in this post. If you are still having issues, let us know.

Thanks

I am not sure of the relevance of the post you referred me to.

  • I am not using Chrome, I use Edge.

  • I have no problem accessing my Navigraph account. It is the recurring error message “Could not connect to simulator, Simlink needs to be running.”

  • When I select Simlink from the Start screen the message is “SimLink is already running.”

  • I am running Charts as Administrator.

  • The moving map on the Navigraph chart in the EFB (in this case the Avro RJ) works.

Rob

Hi Rob,

A malformed hosts file is definitely worth a check as this issue involves account authentication.

Your logs show Simlink couldn’t reach the sign in service for ~7 minutes after it started. After the 7 minutes, the authentication service becomes available.

Try the following

  1. Right click Simlink in the system tray and choose exit. Then open task manager and end any remaining Simlink processes (if there are any)
  2. Start Simlink normally (not as Administrator). When/if the edge sign-in page opens, complete this. Check that Simlink shows you as signed in, with the same account you use in Charts.
  3. Start MSFS, then open Charts (also not as Administrator)

Also, if you use a VPN or any 3rd party antivirus/firewall, either disable these as you test or add Navigraph services to the exception list.

If Simlink still shows errors after this, please send a fresh Simlink log from that session and a screenshot of your Simlink window.

Gordon,

Exited Simlink
Started again
Started MSFS and then Charts - The familiar pink triangle was back!

Thank you.

So do you recommend the sequence of SimLink, then MSFS then Charts every time? I have never had to worry about it. It always just worked.

Rob

Typically Simlink will start with the system but try having Simlink available (signed in) before you start MSFS.

Having it start with the system ensures that.

I’m not entirely sure why its was able to authenticate for several minutes, it might be worth to check that again after a fresh system boot :thinking: