RJOO SID is inaccurate

I’m afraid the route of RJOO ASUKA4 DEPARTURE from RWY32L/R is inacurate. It should begin with left turn, but the plane directly fly to HDG 071 with right turn. The same thing might happen to EAST4R, MINAC4 and PANAS1 departureds from RWY32L/R. Appreciated if the dev look at this.
Thanks.

Hi,
its a little bit hard to say what happened here because I know neither the sim version, nor the addon what you are using.

Therefore a more generic answer due the lack of background information:

According our data, the turn direction is correct. I can’t see any issue here, sorry. Tested with MSFS PMDG and the last, effective AIRAC 2205.

Cheers
Richard

Thank you for quick response.
I also use MSFS + PMDG 737 with AIRAC 2205.
I attached the screenshots showing the route drawn RWY32L to HDG 071 without left turn.

A workaround below is working for me.

rjoo.txt
BEFORE:
SID ASUKA4
(snip)
RNW 32L TRK 322 UNTIL 500 HDG 071 INTERCEPT RADIAL 101 TO FIX ASUKA FIX ASUKA AT OR ABOVE 5000

AFTER:
SID ASUKA4
(snip)
RNW 32L TRK 322 UNTIL 500 HDG 171 INTERCEPT RADIAL 078 TO FIX MINAC TRK 072 INTERCEPT RADIAL 101 TO FIX ASUKA FIX ASUKA AT OR ABOVE 5000

Hi,
thanks for the update - sorry, I have used the wrong procedure, therefore it was looking ok on my side … my fault, sorry for that confusion …

To your issue:
The problem is the currently limited PMDG syntax. You can´t set a TURN LEFT/RIGHT before the HDG 071 INTERCEPT ... therefore the PMDG turns on the side of the shortest way - in this case to the right because the left turn is > 180 turn and the right turn a < 180 turn. That´s a limitation in the current format which PMDG uses but we work with PMDG on a more or less better/modern database where all these issues should be fixed in the future.

In the meantime, the only solution is to start the turn manually and switch than the AP (LNAV) on.

Sorry for that,
Richard

Thank you. I am looking forward to the future update.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.