Oceanic Tracks (NAT/PTS/PACOT/NCA/)

Hello everyone,
Are the current Oceanic Tracks, such as NAT, taken into account in the automatic route calculation or what pattern is used to calculate routes from, for example, Europe to the USA/Canada?

Hi …
we don´t know how ASOBO/MS calculate their routes in the worldmap, so we can´t really answer this question, sorry. The best would be to ask the guys there in the MSFS forum. But I assume that these are static routes because the NATS, PACOT, … are changing from day to day and this changes must be added somehow in your sim, via an update or similar else. So I really can´t believe that they use such functionally.

Cheers,
Richard

I meant the Navigraph Charts Program.

I have moved it into the right category, because you posted this in the MSFS2020 sub-forum, therefore my answer.
Cheers,
Richard

1 Like

Yes, NAT tracks are used when crossing between Europe and US if they are optimal and if you make the crossing when NATs are in use for your direction of travel. They are not used on routes between e.g. Scandinavia and US as the shortest routes are over Greenland.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.