Just upgraded to v220.127.116.11 and a couple issues surfaced.
- The installer’s name is “Navigraph.exe” - the installed app’s name is also “Navigraph.exe”. This creates confusion.
Someone could assume to just paste the ‘installer’ into the app folder and over-write. If one does this, not only is the app broken, but the installer will not install after this erroneous pasting. A complete uninstall/re-install is required.
- Suggestion - Unique-name the installer ie; ‘NavData_Install.exe’ or ‘Navigraph+NavData.exe’ for example…
see NOTE below
- The NavData start icon is named “Navigraph”. I currently use 4 Navigraph products - Charts Desktop, FMS Data Manager, Navdata and Simlink.
- Suggestion - Maybe the NavData start icon should be named “Navigraph NavData” for example…
That brings me to my next issue - folders.
- The installers should install to a ‘Master’ Navigraph folder, with the appropriate sub-folder specified by the installer ie;
NavData - should install to - Navigraph/NavData (folder)
Simlink - should install to - Navigraph/Simlink (folder)
Before anyone says “read read read”, which I appreciate;
The tech world is inundated with this type of ambiguity, thus leading to literally infinite questions and multi-postings on the same issue in countless different forums…well you know. It takes sooo many resources and sooo much time to research…time better spent say, flying, for example…
I believe we as a community absolutely must keep things as clear and uncomplicated as possible, simply to eliminate issues wherever and whenever possible. And in this business, that duty begins with the dev’s…