MSFS 2020 "... cannot detect a flight in your simulator"

Hi, MSFS is the only Flight Simulator I have.

The time is correct (I am at +2)

I am usually fly 320NX, so I opened up in a C152, just to check, and Navigraph still does cont connect.

Please let me know if there is anything I can check. Especially if it can help someone else as well.

Hi Ian

Yes, Windows 11 22483

Edition Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview
Version Dev
Installed on ‎21/‎10/‎2021
OS build 22483.1000
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22483.1000.0

So there is some commonality with others.

1 Like

Gentlemen,
I have also installed Windows 11 but I´m not a “preview/dev” junky :upside_down_face: therefore I have only the latest released version installed and with this version + SU6 + FBW + … Simlink works as expected.

Please check, if you have disabled the “Controlled folder access” - you should set this to “OFF”, per default it´s “ON”. We are not a “unfriendly” application but it´s helpful when you have possible insufficient permissions.

Thank you,
Richard

Hi Richard.

On my computer, Controlled Folder Access is OFF.

1 Like

I also have previously added the following to the firewall settings, prior to requesting support:

1 Like

Same thing here. It was off already.

Could another addon/aircraft be causing this?

I think the Win 11 pre-release dev build seems the culprit. The mystery continues.

Are you on Win11 Insider dev build? 22483?

Well, all other apps work on Windows 11 so far.

If it is interaction between the operating system and Simlink (not yet definitively established) does this make Windows 11 or Simlink the “culprit”?

Due work commitments, I cannot go back to Windows 10 or earlier Windows 11 builds.

Yes. Insider Dev build.

Not sure it’s a network thing, because Simlink cannot see that MSFS has a flight underway.
I added an Outbound Rule for Simlink anyway.
No change.

Hi Team,

We are investigating.

Cheers
Ian

1 Like

Thanks Ian. Let me know what other info I can get for you.

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face: Will be watching.
I check I am on Win 11 Dev 22483.1000.

FS2Crew does work. I don’t know if that uses SimConnect.

Please let us know if there is anything Windows settings, logs, or whatever that we can check if it will help.

1 Like

For info, just did an update to Win 11, no change in Simlink.

1 Like

I’ve disabled all the firewalls and still no connectivity, the good news is that I no longer get the 401 error in Simlink.

Maybe Navigraph Simlink doesn’t have to support Dev builds of Windows 11? Darn my Insider status :wink:

Same issues here. W11 devs, FBW

Well Tim, the rational behind Insider for me is that I can help identify issues that may impact our client’s experience of our products and cloud. Here we’re helping Navigraph find issues that may affect uses in MSFS 2020 (and the other flight sims). You’re helping weed out problems so that others don’t experience them further down the line. Temporarily not have moving map means reverting to “old style navigation” while those clever folks in Ian’s team find the issues and get the fix in.

I did some test flight support years back - as chase in helicopters for video and casevac if needed - and this was how it worked. The test pilots make an aircraft that line pilots use for the mission by getting rid of the issues in design. It’s an often tedious cycle of incremental advancement… The test pilots deal with all the problems - and take the risks - so that us dumb line pilots can do our job properly and depend on the machine.

1 Like

Lane, thanks for the insights. Interesting stuff. As an end user, the moving maps is an important feature and sorely missed. It’s why I went “all in” with Navigraph. It might seem a small feature to some, but when I can open the Android app and check on my transatlantic flight while waiting for my espresso, it’s like a magic moment. Godspeed Ian and the rest of the team.