Moving map tracking and aircraft icon freeze

App Version / Device Details:

  • Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S10 FE
  • OS: Android / One UI
  • Platform: Native Android App (installed via Google Play Store) / Version 8.45.0 Build 5f1eb27c9
  • Connection Type: Local network tracking via Navigraph Simlink

Issue Description:
Ever since updating to the most recent version of the Android charts app, the moving map tracking engine experiences a hard freeze. When a flight is active, the moving map and the aircraft icon will initial load and track properly, but then permanently freeze within roughly 30 to 60 seconds.

If I manually toggle the tracking link (the Arrow/Moving map button) off and back on, the icon instantly snaps to my correct current position, but then freezes up again in less than a minute.

This issue did not happen prior to the latest app update.

Troubleshooting Already Attempted (Failed to Fix):

  • Manually cycling the moving map tracking state (only unfreezes it for ~60 seconds before locking again).
  • Attempting to force a redraw by switching map layers (IFR High / IFR Low / World View).
  • Backgrounding and returning to the app to force a graphics frame refresh.
  • Restarting Navigraph Simlink on the host PC.
  • Disabling Samsung battery optimizations and setting the Navigraph app to “Unrestricted” background data/power usage.
  • Turning off Samsung RAM Plus (virtual memory) and running Device Care system optimization.
  • Clearing the app cache and performing a full clean uninstall/reinstall of the app package.

Key Diagnostic Note:
I tested the Charts Cloud web version (via the browser on the exact same Samsung tablet), and the moving map tracking works flawlessly without any freezing. This confirms my PC’s Simlink telemetry stream and network connection are most likely fine. The 60-second tracking freeze is strictly isolated to the native Android app container following the latest update.

Thanks for any help.

Im experiencing same issue on my tablet and phone both android, after updating yesterday 10-6-26. My phone is S25, and my tablet is galaxy tab A9+

My app version is 8.45.0 Build 5f1eb27c9

I am having exactly the same issue.

I have the same problem. The Hdg of the arrow changes but there is no movement on the map. I used a Samsung S24.

I’m having the same problem with both my tablet and my smartphone. Before reporting the issue, I did the same tests as the user in the first post.

Thanks for the reports, we’re investigating.

This problem only happens on Android (tablet and phone) with MSFS 2020 and 2024. It works perfectly on Windows.

Yep, what we are seeing also.

We’re investigating.

Simulator Version

MSFS 2024

Operating System

Windows 11

Description of the Issue

Hello Navigraph Support,

I am experiencing a frustrating issue with Navigraph Charts and Simlink while flying the Fenix A320 in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024.

I use Navigraph Charts on an Android tablet, while the simulator runs on my Windows 11 computer.

The aircraft icon appears on the Navigraph map, but its position does not match the actual aircraft position in the simulator. Furthermore, the aircraft icon remains completely frozen and does not update as the aircraft moves.

I experienced this issue throughout my flight.

Every time I disabled the aircraft position icon on the Navigraph map and enabled it again, the aircraft icon reappeared at a different position corresponding to a point along my ongoing flight.

However, the aircraft icon remained completely frozen at that new position and did not move as the flight continued.

I repeated this several times during the flight, and the same problem occurred every time.

I have also restarted my computer, but the issue has not been resolved.

I would appreciate your help investigating this problem and determining why Navigraph is not correctly tracking my aircraft.

I am paying for a Navigraph subscription, and the moving map is an important feature that I expect to work correctly.

Please let me know what information you need to diagnose and resolve this issue.

Thank you.

Hi…,

I have moved your post here as I believe it is the same issue.

We are aware of the issue and are investigating.

Cheers

Ian

Since i cant login to my iPad anymore (see my other issue), i use the brand new and updated Android tablet of my girlfriend.

Unfortunately, the Icon of my own aircraft on the moving map in the charts app, isnt moving. It shows up once when i connect it via Simlink to my PC, but then its immidiately stuck or sometimes it moves for a bit, before it stops, but it shows on wrong position for that short time.

However, when i center my aircraft, its actually moving in the app, but the icon is stuck and therefore im invisible.

Hi…,

I have moved your post here as I believe it is the same issue.

We are aware of the issue and are investigating.

Cheers

Ian

Hey There. Same Problem.

I use an Android Tablet

Device: MESWAO Android Tablet

  • App Version: 8.45.0

  • Symptoms: Identical 30-60 second freeze of the aircraft icon and moving map. Toggling tracking temporarily snaps it back for a brief moment before it freezes again.

  • Workaround checked: Using charts.navigraph.com via the tablet’s web browser works completely flawlessly without any freezing.

It definitely looks like a regression in the latest native Android build (8.45.0). Thanks for opening this thread and detailing it so well!

Same here after update: impossible to use the aircraft arrow on Charts
The map moves and the center is always in correct position but the arrow is not in sync.
It seems the correct position is not refreshed.
If close and open the app the arrow is in correct position

Are you seeing this issue occur outside of Android?

For me this affects only NG Charts Android App both on tablet and on smartphonee.

Charts Panel inside MSFS2024 and Charts on Windows 11 works correctly.

In my case, the issue occurs only in the app on Android. There is no problem within a browser on Android, or within Windows. I have not as yet tried uninstalling then reinstalling the app.

Same issue. Everything works well except within the app on my Samsung tablet.

Samsung Galaxy Tab tablet and getting same issue.

Any solution for this ?
This happens after last Charts update for Android.
It’s is possible to revert this catastrophic release ?
Please