Missed approach is inserted just before the runway

Navigraph has been updated to “AIRAC 2202 rev2”.
Missed approaches are now automatically inserted into the flight plan.
However, this is very time consuming as it is inserted just before the runway and must be deleted each time.

I’ve reported this on the FBW A32NX side.
I will report here as well.
Is there a better way to solve this issue?

Route
RJOO/32L ASUKA4 SHTLE Y71 XAC XAC2C RJTT/CREAM. ILS 34L-Z

URAGA and UTIBO are used in the missed approach.

Hi,
sorry, I can´t reproduce it - when I select the ILS34L-Z approach via CREAM, I get the correct waypoint sequence (FBW A320X stable version, stock scenery and AIRAC 2202 rev. 2 installed):

… the missed approach part (after RW34L!):

Also, when you look into LittleNav Map and you are using our data only, you see the exact coded procedure:

So, it seems more a problem on your side, sorry. FBW and the navdata looks good …

By the way:
It is not really possible that a part of the missed-approach is mixing in the final (at least via navdata). The reason is, because the missed-approach is a own element which is completely independent of the the approach part.

Check if you have the latest Navigraph Navdata Center (v1.0.6) installed and try to remove and re-install the latest AIRAC 2202 rev. 2 cycle. Also, due missing information from your side … do you use any 3rd party scenery for RJTT? When yes, try it without it please …

Thank you,
Richard

Hi again,
I have looked a little bit deeper into this and it seems you are not using the FBW stable version, possible the experimental one. The reason for that is, my screenshots from my previous posting were created with the latest FBW stable version, and here you see the correct sequence.

I have than tried the same with the WT CJ4 (which uses a own flightmanagement system and not the same as the MSFS) and here, the RW34L (MAP) is missing and therefore you see also the missed approach points.

In other words, this is a bug in the their (WT and FBW) own flight-management system which they are using because the FBW stable version uses the in-game MSFS flight-management system and here, you see it, it works.

So to check this:
Install the FBW stable version and try it again - you will see, the procedure is correct … the MAP waypoint RW34L is included and therefore the sequence is correct.

Sorry, but thats a bug in the WT/FBW flightmanagement.

Cheers,
Richard

Hi Richard,

We don’t look at the missed approach legs at all in any version of the A32NX, that field in the approach data is simply ignored (for now…). Somehow the missed approach legs are ending up in the finalLegs array if we are loading them. We have had reports of this happening with the G1000 NXi as well. I haven’t managed to reproduce the issue thus far… but I have not tried entering a flightplan in the world map with the function to sync from the world map to the custom FMS…

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Again,

The mistake I made was not updating to 2202 rev2. With rev2 installed I see the missed approach legs are included in both the finalLegs and missedLegs field… except the first missed leg (VA to 500 feet @ 337°).

Thanks,
Mike

We can work around this, but it would still be nice to see it fixed. Not sure if it’s a Navigraph issue or MS issue.

A32NX uses Development.
The A32NX STABLE version has the same symptoms.

In addition to the A32NX, the G1000NXi has a similar problem.
If it cannot be fixed, I will report the problem to the developers of the various add-ons.

The issue is not related to the aircraft. See the post by Tracer above. I would not open bug reports on their support pages.

1 Like

Gentlemen,
I have figured out the issue and I´m currently working on a fix, sorry for that … it´s NOT a FBW or WT issue, it´s an issue on my side. Mike (@tracernz) my apologies.

You can expect a revision 3, which should fix this reported issue. Thanks again and sorry - I was completely wrong …

Cheers,
Richard

1 Like

Hi again,
revision 3 is out - correct leg sequences are back to “normal”. Sorry again to this issue, it was really my mistake - thanks for your patience and your reports. @tracernz - should be ok now :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Richard

PS: please let me know, when you have still an issue with this … thank you!

1 Like

No problem at all :grinning:. Thanks for the prompt fix.

-e- Confirm the issue is solved with R3. :+1:

1 Like

Thank you for your response.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.