Installing simlink on Mac OS

Hello

I am new to Navigraph charts and to Navigraph Simlink. I have installed Navigraph Charts and that program is working perfectly. However I cannot get the Navigraph Simlink to sim up to X-Plane 11. I downloaded the dmg file for Simlink and installed the package on my hard drive. I then started up XP 11 and opened up the Navigraph Charts program and clicked on the arrow in the top right corner to enable moving maps and got the message cannot connect to simulator. The frustrating part is that on the official Navigraph installation video that is on Youtube it shows the installation on a PC and that video shows how you direct the Simlink program to the correct pathway for XP 11. When installing Simlink I did not get this option. So basically when using Simlink on a Mac how do you connect the two programs? Is there a specific file that I need to drag into the plugin folder within the root directory of XP 11? I really would appreciate any help.

Thank You

David

Hi David,

Welcome.

When you download and run the Charts for macOS installer

you should see the two actions required (drag and Install) . After you drag to install Charts, you double click on the Simlink.pkg to install Simlink.

Please confirm you have double clicked on the Simlink.pkg and the installation has occurred.

Simlink connects to X-Plane to provide our servers with your aircraft position. When we display your chart we place your aircraft icon on the map.

Once installed, Simlink should run automatically when you run X-Plane.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian

Thank you for getting back to me. I have done what you have suggested twice already. I downloaded the Mac OS Installer for Charts, put the Charts program in to my application folder, and clicked on the Simlink.pkg and installed the Simlink application. I then ran XP 11 and within the Charts program clicked on the icon in the upper right hand corner to enable moving maps. When I do that I still get an error saying “Could not connect to simulator”. There appears to a problem linking XP 11 to the Simlink application. Any suggestions??

Thank You,

David

Hi David,

Are you being prompted to login to Simlink? Is there a Simlink green icon in top status bar ?

Please post screenshot of Simlink Status from there.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian

Thank you for you help. I was able to get Simlink working tonight. I just needed to activate the Simlink and that brought up the log in page. From there everything is working great!!

Cheers!!

David

1 Like

Hi David,

You are welcome. Glad it is resolved.

Happy flying.

Ian

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.