ICAO simBrief and Simulator Conflict

CAO simBrief and Simulator Conflict

Hello, the use of an add-on named Simbit World with the P3D4.5 simulator, has revealed that there are inconsistencies or differences between the ICAOs used by the simulator and those of simBrief. As an example, I can mention the ICAO conflicts:
UGTB-UGSB, and
UUWW-UUBW

The big question is who should perform ICAO corrections or updates: SimBrief or P3D?

I think this is an important issue, and I would be immensely grateful if you could take action on the matter.

Thank you very much and best regards

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)

The simulator should be updated.

Try using Herve Sors World FSXP3D package

It will correct far more than just the ICAO codes.

Hi,
the answer is very simple - all our products (Navdata, Charts, SimBrief, …) uses the same real-world data source, provided by Jeppesen. We update our data every 28 days as in real and our data reflects the real-world. The P3D scenery is a static scenery which will not be updated and therefore it could be that ICAO codes are outdated in P3D.

When you´re talking of a 3rd party scenery designer, the addon-designer should use the correct ICAO codes.

What I can´t reproduce is your “conflict” examples:
UGTB = Tbilisi (41.66916667, 44.95472222)
UGSB = Batumi (41.61017778, 41.59943889)
UUWW = Vnukovo (55.59916667, 37.27305556)
UUBW = Ramenskoye (55.55277778, 38.14972222)

… so where are here conflicts? All four ICAO codes are correct, valid and useable in SimBrief? What do you mean here?

Cheers,
Richard

Richard, thank you very much for your prompt and very good answer, but in spite of that I still have some concerns:

1.- If ICAO, is the authority in charge of determining and assigning ICAO codes, in the international civil aviation sphere, then it is assumed that flight simulation software, should be governed by it.

1. Consequence of the idea of the first point, I ask if the ICAO, of simBrief, conform to the ICAO codes. I ask this question because P3D could argue that their ICAO are based on official ICAO sources, and therefore take precedence over any other.

2. I explain one of the two examples of ICAO conflict, like this:
    For the P3D simulator, Vnukovo airport, has the ICAO-UUWW. For Simbit World, which runs cob simBrief, the ICAO of Vnukovo is UUBW.

3. Because of the above, the Simbit World software does not register the start of flights from Vnukovo, because there are different ICAO in one and the other programs.

4. Is it possible to update the P3D ICAO with the help of any program?

Thanks again for your help. I remain attentive to your answer.

Best regards

I used the software you suggested. There was an update. The P3D, recognized the update, but the known conflicts with the ICAO, persist. Can you think of anything else.

Thank you very much and best regards

Richard, thank you very much for your prompt and very good answer, but in spite of that I still have some concerns:

1.- If ICAO, is the authority in charge of determining and assigning ICAO codes, in the international civil aviation sphere, then it is assumed that flight simulation software, should be governed by it.

1. Consequence of the idea of the first point, I ask if the ICAO, of simBrief, conform to the ICAO codes. I ask this question because P3D could argue that their ICAO are based on official ICAO sources, and therefore take precedence over any other.

2. I explain one of the two examples of ICAO conflict, like this:
    For the P3D simulator, Vnukovo airport, has the ICAO-UUWW. For Simbit World, which runs cob simBrief, the ICAO of Vnukovo is UUBW.

3. Because of the above, the Simbit World software does not register the start of flights from Vnukovo, because there are different ICAO in one and the other programs.

4. Is it possible to update the P3D ICAO with the help of any program?

Thanks again for your help. I remain attentive to your answer.

Best regards

Again, I can´t reproduce it:

The ICAO code UUBW is Ramenskoye and not Vnukovo. Vnukovo has UUWW also in SimBrief which reflects the real-world.

UUBW Ramenskoye:

UUWW Vnukovo:

When you enter the two coordinates, you see that both are complete differ airports - here in google maps:

I have now also looked into P3Dv5:
UUBW Ramenskoye

UUWW Vnukovo:

So, identically - I have no idea from where SimBit World the data has but not from SimBrief because SimBrief doesn´t offer any ARINC source data and when SimBit World offer Vnikovo with UUBW, than SimBit World is wrong and they must fix it.

As you see, in SimBrief, also in P3D the ICAO codes are correct …

Cheers,
Richard

PS: and yes, all our applications/tools uses the real-world data - the P3D data are static and will not be updated - as typical example - EDDT Berlin Tegel, which is closed since two years - you will find it in P3D because these data will not be updated thru P3D

1 Like

Now everything is clear. Nobody has made any mistake, just Moscow Zhukovsky Airport, identified with ICAO-UUBW, is not in the list of available airports in the P3D simulator. If anyone knows how to update the P3D airports, I would be very grateful.

Richard, thank you very much for your valuable and very professional concepts. You are an excellent professional.

Best regards

… but that´s correct … Zhukovsky is the newer name, the old (and still occasionally) is Ramenskoye.
So Zhukovsky is the same as Ramenskoye …

Cheers,
Richard

UUBW RAMENSKOYE, name as per the Russia AIP, does exist and is selectable in P3D5

You could try this for P3D4.5: https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=200830

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.