Flightplan OK in Charts Desktop, will not load in MSFS

I created this flightplan
https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArxUWthJJ1Cwhd1rDuTruQ15UdCftA?e=6L6LyV in the Charts desktop and exported it to MSFS2020 as usual, but when I attempt to load it into MSFS nothing happens. I can’t see anything wrong with the XML code. Any ideas please?
Thanks

OK. Solved.
Not sure what was wrong with the original, but this sequence

LSGG D0 PETAL MOLUS UN871 GAMSA N871 MADEB N606 ELMEM DCT RTT DCT ADWIG DCT FF26 DCT LOC17 DCT LOC14 DCT 90LOC DCT 63LOC DCT MA26 DCT LOWI

works in MSFS, though it’s probably a good idea to load any plan without SID/STAR and use MSFS to add departure and arrival info, which is what I did in the end, and got the above

2 Likes

Yes you are right! That route string is only compatible with MSFS and nothing else, due to how the simulator adds D0, D1 etc. in order to deal with it internally (see this post on the MSFS forum for more details).

Just so you’re aware, importing a flight plan without SID/STARs only to select them through the MSFS World Map interface will regenerate the whole route. This is because changes to any of the dropdowns in that interface will cause a re-calculation using the (not very good) built-in route calculator, overriding the route that you imported.

Kind Regards,
Malte

AAH, OK Thanks for the reply.
I noticed on the Charts app that the whole of the sequence from RTT to MA26 is actually contained within the approach chart “LOC R RWY 26” so MSFS may have got it right in this instance!
Seems best option is to use the FMS to add SID/STARS and not change the plan in the SIM!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.