Clicking "Fly" Causing MSFS to be Not responding

Hi,
I have run in to an issue, after installing some new scenery (Flytampa LGKR) and (MK Studios LIRF) I can’t start a flight, when I click “Fly” the sim just hangs and is “Not responding” I then remove the scenery and have the issue again.
This has happened in the past when installing other sceneries.
The only way to fix this is to Remove then reinstall the Navigraph Navdata though the Navigraph Hub.
Surely this shouldn’t be needed when installing new scenery?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Darren

Hi Darren,
to understand you correctly, you have only these two sceneries and our package in the community folder, right? Or do you have other packages also in the community folder?

Cheers
Richard

Hi Richard,

I use addon linker to keep my sceneries off my main install drive to save space (it doesn’t auto delete content.xml).
This is my Community folder with the sceneries being linked over by addon linker.

I done a fresh install of MSFS today and have spent to day reinstalling the add ons as you can see in the picture. Everything was fine until I installed LIRF andd LGKR this then caused MSFS to hang when pressing “Fly”, I have now removed these sceneries (as seen in the picture) and the issue still happens. The only way to fix it is to remove and re-install the navigraph navdata.
It seems that installing certain sceneries is causing this issue with the navdata as I have had the same issue previously before my fresh install.

Thanks for helping

Darren

Hi Darren,
in most of the cases, this has nothing to do with our package (at least directly even it looks so). Normally it´s a package what is not 100% compatible with the current MSFS version and here in 99% it´s a scenery.

So, the simplest way is following:

1. close the sim
  2. remove all from your community folder (really all, also our package)
  3. try to start the sim and look if you have no “hang” or “CTD”
  4. close the sim again
  5. then install our package via the Navigraph Hub in the current version 1.2.3
  6. start the sim again and try again if all is working
  7. close the sim
  8. install now each package (one per one) and go to #6

Important here is really (and thats your only chance), that you really run and test the sim after you have installed one package, and that´s for all your packages.

I´m sorry, but there is no other way to identify which package is the bad one. Don´t understand me wrong please, but I would exclude, that this “not responding or CTD” comes from our package and when yes, then you will see this immediately when you install our package first (#1 - #6) and you get the same result.

Sorry for that,
Richard

Thanks for your help Richard, I’ve just tried removing the offending sceneries from my 2nd community folder ( the one that I use to keep space to a minimum and that has fixed the issue)…It seems that just turing them off in addon linker isn’t the same as completely removing the folders.

Ah thanks Darren … I’m not so affirm with AddonLinker so I can’t really say anything to this, how this tool handle the packages. Possible there is a special setting or something else, but again, I’m the wrong person for this sorry.

Cheers
Richard

PS: thanks for sharing your findings here, much appriciated

Richard,

I have spent the last few hours messing around with the sim and can confirm that I am able to use all sceneries fine if navdata is not installed. If I install Navdata then try to install a scenery I start to get problems until the navdata is removed again.
I have attached a screenshot of my package order from the experimental menu…does this look correct?

Occasionally I can get it to work if I close the sim and reopen it. However if this doesnt fix it then I have to delete the Navdata and reinstall for the sim to allow me to click “Fly” without issues.

Cheers

Darren

Hi Darren,
do you use the Navigraph Hub? When yes, what reason do you have that you re-order the packages manually? The ordering is completely wrong and this tool should really be used, when you know what you do … not sure, if this is the reason for your freezing but I wouldn´t use this tool.

This is the correct order:

On the first position (really the first), should be the navigraph-navdata-base package, following by all other packages and on the last position (really the last), the navigraph-navdata package.

All this do the Navigraph Hub automatically in the background, when you install a scenery - normally you don´t need this re-ordering tool, excluding when you have a special reason for that, which I don´t know …

Cheers,
Richard

Hi Richard,

I do use navigraph hub to install my navdata and I have never reordered manually. The order you see in my screenshot above is the order that has automatically been set.

Thanks

Darren

Darren, thanks for your answer - are you able to upload your content.xml file please that I can check this because it looks really strange …

You find the location of this file here:

Thank you very much,
Richard

Richard attached is my content.xml

Thanks

Darren
Content.xml (189 Bytes)

Hm, empty … only our packages …

Are the sceneries from the Marketplace or any webshop? Can you try to bring the navigraph-navdata-base package on the top, so after the last -100 default package?

Cheers
Richard

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.