Charts 8 In-Game Panel Beta Testing

Is it possible to drag one of the bottom corners to resize and make the window larger? Should be a “Sign in button” further down the page.

It would be awesome if there was a tab on the left which would show the current Simbrief OFP

3 Likes

Thanks, sorted. But I had to Alt-Enter to make it visible on a 1920x1080 screen.

I had a problem getting logged in via vr. Normally I switch from 2D to log on unto the navigraph website. Once successfully logged in, I then switch back to vr, but only to find the navigraph asking again to sign in. After unsuccessfully trying different times, I clicked on “trouble logging” which I then used my iPhone to enter code provided. Only then was I able to use/test the new game panel.

As for testing every button, I did not find any other issues. I did however, find myself smiling throughout my testing as I really enjoyed the beauty of chart 8…especially all the vfr information displayed in living color. Well done, navigraph team!

2 Likes

Just tried out the beta and no issues except for one thing which I find quite annoying. In order to use the CTRL-N shortcut to close the Navigraph window, I learned you always need to finish off by pressing the title bar of the window to make sure it’s in “focus”.

This was not the case with the previous version as I recall it. So would be great if you could change this behavior.

Other than that, really nice having the new UI now also inside MSFS and in VR!

Brilliant work!!! Just had a very quick flight in VR with the C414. Quick observations:

• after starting the charts inside the VR environment I had to then come out and click allow on the brower that opened (but that was the same for V7 so no worries there - would be noce to keep the immersion though)
  • when planning a VFR RTE the backspace for the CRZ level didn’t seem to work and sometimes pressing 0 on the virtual keyboard here would put a 3 in the box
    -adding an approach (ILS into EGBB) was so seamless and much much better than V7
    -being able to add a VRP to the RTE on the fly is also brilliant - would there be a way to then snap your RTE from your current position to the new WPT/VRP - maybe I just dont understand how to yet
    -is there any way to add a compass rose to your present poistion - would make working out a heading/track to a point easier (a bit like little nav map does!?)

Will fly over the weekend inbetween my long night shifts and try some more feedback.

Thanks once again to all youir team for their hard work getting arond the issues so far.

Thanks,

Mike

1 Like

I also concur with this apparent bug.

@WebMaximus @alexberry Can you confirm that this is actually a regression by comparing the two at the same time? We have not changed anything with regard to this feature, it is identical to that of the old panel.

That said, there have been multiple updates to the simulator just within recent weeks, and things might have changed. I just tried (and failed) to reproduce this but before I could do that I had to install another update, so I can’t guarantee that my simulator is the same that you guys had when seeing the issue.

repro

Please try it again with the latest update and see if the issue persists!

Kind Regards,
Malte

Yes, I’ve seen how MSFS seems to have a new update pretty much on every restart the last couple of days.

Just tried it out though and I still see the same issue. Opening the window with CTRL-N works just fine. Same thing, I’m able to close it with CTRL-N if I press that one directly after opening the window. However, if I click on the map and scroll the map and then try CTRL-N, nothing happens. In order to close it, I need to first click on the title bar. After doing this, CTRL-N works again to close the window.

Strange how you’re not able to repro the issue :thinking:

Edited to add, could it be because you have both versions installed at the same time?

I decided to get rid of the old version when I learned the new (beta) version is not dependent on the old version.

1 Like

More follow-up, just installed v1.3 to have both installed. To test my theory mentioned in my last post.

Still same issue when using v8 where v1.3 works fine. Always possible to close the window using CTRL-N without having to first click the title bar of the window.

So something is different when using the v8 Navigraph window. At least it is over here.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for investigating so quickly!

I am still not able to reproduce it which is really frustrating, but @stephen is able to so something must be up. We’re investigating!

1 Like

Sounds good and do let us know if we can assist you in any way.

Please try again now! If you have the panel open, make sure to fully close it first (not with the keyboard shortcut) - let me know if it works!

1 Like

I noticed the heading and distance of individual legs aren’t showing up in the in-game panel. They show up fine in the app and website.

This is a screenshot from the charts via the website. The 14nm and 291 heading don’t show in the panel for me. Forgot to grab an in-game screenshot but can do if needed.

Screenshot from 2022-12-02 18-03-43

I installed it and tested, and works fine.
However, the letter size in the vector maps is too small, making it impossible to read in VR (example, while in an airport, zoom in to see the gate numbers. The numbers become too small to read them).
Hope you can fix that, or add an entry to the configuration for the font size.
Great work with this beta!

1 Like

Got it, will try what you suggest on next flight and see if it makes a difference over here.

Still weird though why it seems to work fine regardless with v1.3.

Sorry, I should’ve been more clear - I have pushed a remote (OTA) update that I hope will fix this!

Make sure that you have “large-scale maps” turned on in settings! If you already have that turned on and still find it too small, let us know! These maps are, in fact, not vector maps so the customizability is limited to normal and “large” scale.

The map implementations are completely different between the website and the panel, so nothing comes “for free”. However, we’re working on bringing this to the panel as well!

2 Likes

Ah, so when you say you pushed this update, what exactly does that mean? Given how we manually downloaded this version as a zip file.

I guess we need to download the zip file again if you’ve updated it?

For clarity, by remote update, we mean an update on our systems, that requires no further downloads by testers.

Cheers
Ian

1 Like