Can't import Simbrief flight plan (RJCH to UHPP) in stock MSFS Boeing airliners

I’ve created a flight plan (several times now) from RJCH to UHPP on Simbrief and tried importing it into the MSFS stock 747-8 or 787-10 using the new Simbrief import feature. I get the attached error and it won’t import any waypoints other than the origin and destination airports. The same flight plan loads fine in all my Airbus airliners (which are mostly FlyByWire based). I’ve created plenty of other flight plans that load fine on the two stock Boeing planes, it’s just this particular one that won’t work. Everything is up to date in Navigraph Hub and I’ve even uninstalled and reinstalled every component, restarted the sim, rebooted the computer, everything I can think of. Can someone else try and see if they have the same result?

Can you post the full Simbrief flight plan route (copy and paste from simbrief)?

Route:
TOI1 TIKYU Y138 NONUT MKE Y101 RUGMO V4 TBE ODERI M152 RIMLI

Although this route does not show all the actual waypoints of the flight plan if you create it yourself. There is no Y138, Y101, V4, etc. in the waypoints of the flight plan, so maybe this isn’t what you wanted.

See if this link works instead:

Those are Airways (Y138, letters and numbers). If you “generate the flight” it produces this:

RJCH/30 N0501F390 TOI1 TIKYU Y138 NONUT DCT MKE Y101 RUGMO V4 TBE DCT ODERI/K0928F390 M152 RIMLI DCT UHPP/16R

The N0501F390 is an identifier of some sort - usually a notation like that show if there are 2 waypoints in the database with the same letters, but this is shown between the runway and departure, so perhaps it’s the problem. If you manually enter the route in the FMC of the plane (including airways) it works. So my guess is the “N0501F390” is screwing it up.

You could try asking on the Working Title Discord, or the MSFS forum

Hello, you may want to contact aircraft dev on this one. We don’t think it’s a SimBrief issue as nothing has changed on our end.
-regards

1 Like

If I export from Navigraph as a .pln file and use that when loading a flight for the Boeing, then it works (but you lose the ability to load wind). It’s just the Simbrief import that does not work on that particular flight plan, so I assumed it was a Simbrief problem. Other flight plans that also include a “notation” or “identifier” waypoint as Gimbal mentioned work just fine too. I guess I’ll ask in the Working Title Discord group, but I don’t know if they made the plane or Asobo or someone else did.

WT rebuilt the avionics for the default 787 and 747 for MS / Asobo (called Avionics and Aircraft Updates) AAU1, AAU2, etc. So they would be best able to figure out what’s wrong, I think.