Cannot update FMS Data Manager with latest Airac Cycle (2203)

No

But why have you done this? What is the reason for that?

Please can you make the same steps what I have written before WITHOUT changing anything … when we post some instructions, there is a reason why we post it and why we want that you do it exactly in this order.

Cheers,
Richard

PS: You´re sure, that you have enough space on the C: drive, also you´re sure that your rights are set correctly in your temp-folder here C:/Users/Vutti/AppData/Local/Temp - can you delete the C:/Users/Vutti/AppData/Local/Temp\Navigraph folder too please

Thank you for your reply.

I altered the ‘chunk’ setting because sometimes our wifi signal is poor and I thought a smaller ‘chunk’ size might be a good idea.

Why have you included it in settings if you don’t want customers to alter it ?

I made the alterations you suggested, (deleted the App Data file) but now the download doesn’t start at all.
I left it alone for +20 mins but still no joy.

Is is possible to completely remove all Navigraph files and start again?

Why does Simbrief show the ‘updated’ green bar for the latest airac release.

I don’t know what to do next. Something is stopping the start of the download completely.

Regards,

David B.

You can alter it, no problem but not during a support case. It is impossible for us, to help someone when everyone do their own process/tasks/steps.

Two comments/questions now:

1. Any chance not to use WiFi - to use a connection with a wired cable directly? You can use WiFi of course, but it depends on so many things (like latency, signal strength, …) that this is not the optimal connection.
  2. Have you tried to download a manual setup from the webpage and to install the files via the manual setup?

With the manual installation:

• How long does the download takes?
  • How long does the installation process takes?

Cheers,
Richard

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your reply.

I have followed your suggestions.

At the present time I do not have an ethernet cable to connect to the back of my router…using a wifi ‘dongle’ instead.

I deleted the contents of the Program Files (x86)/ Navigraph/ FMS Data Manager

I have manually downloaded each of the relevant flight model files in the manual installation list.

Each file took about 6-7secs to download into a zip file, which I then transferred into the Program Files (x86)/ Navigraph/ FMS Data Manager folder.

The whole process took about 10 mins and where prompted, I over wrote any just installed files.

How do I know if I have updated the latest Data files.
Have I installed the new data files in the correct place ?

I opened the FF B767 file in XP, but when I looked in the FMC the same ‘Data out of Date’ notice was still at the bottom of the opening FMC screen.

It must be frustrating for you dealing with technically inept people such as myself, but I am sure we will solve the problem in the end.

BTW, as I have mentioned before I have an unreliable internet connection (I believe, but cannot prove, that my current ISP is ‘throttling’ my account!)

However, by the weekend I will have a new ISP, and a stronger wifi signal via an external 4G professional booster aerial on a 10m mast fixed to the side of my house…hopefully this will provide a more consistent and much stronger signal.

Cheers,

David B.

Hi David.

When you download say the manual FF767 install, you should have a xplane_customdata_native_2204.zip.

If you feel comfortable extracting the contents of that to …your X-Plane 11\Custom Data do so. You should end up with something like

If not, I suggest you wait till you have a reliable internet connection and use the FMS Data Manager.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian,
I recognised the zip file content for the FF 767 (as the example I chose ), but I guess I put it in the wrong file.
I will start again, but this time transfer the ‘zip’ files into ‘Custom data’ and see whether this removes the ‘out of date’ notice in the 767 FMC

Thanks guys for being so patient.

Kind regards,
David B.

Hi David,

You need to unzip the xplane_customdata_native_2204.zip (retaining files structure) into …your X-Plane 11\Custom Data

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian,
I have a dreadful feeling I have just done something very wrong.
I copied and pasted the files I manually downloaded from the Navigraph manual data option (4 options) and chose to overwrite the existing files in the Navigraph file in XP11/Custom Data.

When I tried to open XP11 to see whether it had solved the problem, I was presented with the following screen message?

Hopefully what I have done is not terminal or catastrophic?.

Kind regards,
David B.

Hi David,

Please run … your X-Plane 11\X-Plane 11 Installer.exe to clean out files, then wait till you have a reliable Internet connection prior to installing X-Plane 11 dataset using FMS Data Manager.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian,I have posted a screen shot of what is now in my XP11 custom data file?

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
David B.

Your folders are incorrect. Please takes steps I just outlined.

Cheers
Ian

Does this mean I have to re-load XP?
Should I do anything about the files in Custom data, as they are stopping XP from loading.

Kind regards,
David B.

Hi David,

As I mentioned please navigate to and run … your X-Plane 11\X-Plane 11 Installer.exe to clean out files. You should then be able to run X-Plane 11.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian,

Got round the reload of XP by replacing the ‘earth_nav.dat earth_awy.dat and earth _fix.dat’ files for the originals that were in the XP ‘Resources, default data file’

It doesn’t of course get round the initial problem of not being able to update the Airac cycle, but at least I can load and use XP11 !

Straight question… Have you come across this issue before…where the update starts…and then freezes at the ‘chunk’ level set in ‘FMS Data Manager settings.?

Do you think it really might be a matter of a very slow download speed?

I have had issues with the update in the past…but I really would like a resolution to the problem please.

Many thanks Ian.

David B.

Hi David,

You have said you believe you have problems with your ISP. I suggest you wait till you have the new ISP and a reliable internet connection. Then you can try FMS Data Manager again.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian,
I have absolutely no idea how the Dickens it’s done it, but the XP11.5 has updated to latest Airac??
It must have been something I did :rofl:
1 down, 3 to go.

Kind regards,
David B.

G’Day Ian,

Firstly let me thank you for your patience over the last couple of days.

Secondly I thought the attached might cheer you up over the breakfast cereal.

I connected a new ISP to the system a few hours ago and the difference was amazing. The Airac updated almost immediately…although if there is a slight negative, it’s a shame that the difference between a 5-7Mbs signal and a 17-20Mbs one marks the difference between success and sheer frustration.

I have a feeling I cannot be the only person in the world who suffers from this issue (now hopefully a thing of the past).

Thank you and Richard for your forbearance once again.

Best regards,

David B.

2 Likes

Hi David,

You are welcome. Glad it is resolved.

Happy flying

Ian

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.