Cannot detect running simulator

I have simlink running and broadcasting data seemingly but charts on both Android and Desktop says “no running simulator”.

Because apparently I can only put one embedded image in the post due to being a new user, here is the second screenshot:

Hello,

Welcome to our new forum. I have expanded the newuser image uploads to 5.

For Error Status 12163, here are replies to this error from previous forum:

This particular error is a little tricky to debug on our side. HTTP error 12163 is a general error meaning “The Internet connection has been lost”. For reference see https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E25294_01/doc.920/e15484/oltappxa.htm or https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/wininet/wininet-errors

*Do you have an alternate Internet connection you could try, e.g. if you share your mobile broadband from your phone, and try that? *

Regards,

Stephen

and from user morphizer - use at your own risk

Thanks for the reply stephen, that pointed me in the right direction.

Windows was actually reporting ‘No internet connection’ even though there clearly was. The fix is to open regedit, and navigate to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NlaSvc\Parameters\Internet”. Modify “EnableActiveProbing” and change the value from ‘0’ to ‘1’.

Rebooted and navigraph simlink is working again.

Please let me know how you get on.

Cheers
Ian

Hmm, the internet connection seems OK on my end, Windows is reporting that it’s connected.

I tried logging in and out of Navigraph simlink but still see the same error 12163.

I looked in my registry and EnableActiveProbing is already set to 1 on my PC.

Can somebody help on this? I am becoming quite frustrated at being unable to use Navigraph moving charts. I feel it isn’t right that I am paying a monthly subscription but being unable to use the product.

Hi,

Moving Map is a part of your subscription for Charts and FMS Data, the remainder of which should be working.

We appreciate your frustration.

As above,

Do you have an alternate Internet connection you could try, e.g. if you share your mobile broadband from your phone, and try that?

Cheers
Ian

I have connected through my phone’s wifi and the same error occurs.

I understand this has been resolved by Vishal as your system going into sleep mode, causing Simlink to lose connection.

Cheers
Ian

Thanks for help @Ian and @vishalahir. It works now.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.